How do I calculate pump size for low pressure Aeroponics?

In summary, to calculate the water pump size needed for these sprayers, you will need a submersible pump with a minimum flow rate of 3300 GPH. This is based on the current system with a center reservoir that needs to feed 10 pipes with a diameter of 1 inch and 108 sprayers. The link provided states a flow rate of 31.2 GPH when fed at 20psi, so a pump capable of at least 3100 GPH at 20psi is recommended. Some pressure loss may occur down the 10-foot pipes, but it should be minimal. If you need further assistance, posting in a relevant forum may be helpful.
Matias
How can I calculate the water pump size I need for these sprayers?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007D2RX1C/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Flow rates : 31.2 GPH.

The current system I'm trying to figure out the pump for has a center rezzy and it needs to feed aprox 10, 10' pipes with diametre 1''. I have 108 sprayers.
submersible pump I need to have minimum of 3300 GPH?

Anyone knows how to do this or knows a sub I could post and have a better chance of getting help?

Engineering news on Phys.org
The link says 31.2 gal/h when fed at 20psi. So yes you need a pump capable of at least 3100 gal/h at 20psi. There will be some pressure loss down the pipes but I think that will be minimal if they are only 10 foot long.

Likes Matias

1. What is the formula for calculating pump size for low pressure Aeroponics?

The formula for calculating pump size for low pressure Aeroponics is: Flow rate (in gallons per hour) = Number of plants x Desired flow rate per plant (in gallons per hour per plant).

2. How do I determine the desired flow rate per plant?

The desired flow rate per plant can be determined by considering the type of plants, their size, and the recommended flow rate per plant for the specific type of Aeroponic system being used. This information can be found in the system's manual or by consulting with the manufacturer.

3. Is there a specific pump size that is recommended for low pressure Aeroponics?

There is no specific pump size that is recommended for low pressure Aeroponics as it depends on the number of plants, the desired flow rate per plant, and the specific system being used. However, it is important to choose a pump that can provide enough flow rate to all the plants without causing excess pressure that can damage the system.

4. How do I know if the pump is providing enough flow rate for my plants?

You can determine if the pump is providing enough flow rate for your plants by checking the flow rate per plant using a flow meter. If the flow rate is below the desired amount, you may need to increase the pump size or adjust the system's settings. It is important to regularly monitor the flow rate to ensure optimal plant growth.

5. Can I use a pump with adjustable flow rate for low pressure Aeroponics?

Yes, you can use a pump with adjustable flow rate for low pressure Aeroponics. This can be helpful in fine-tuning the flow rate for different plants and adjusting for any changes in the system or plant growth. However, make sure to check the minimum and maximum flow rate of the pump to ensure it can provide enough flow rate for your plants.