How do I find the area of the region bounded by following?

In summary, the two options for integration are to calculate the area separately or to rotate the images. The easier option is not to do this.
Drioton
Homework: Misplaced Thread -- Member warned to post homework questions in the appropriate area
Using integrals, consider the 7 requirements:
Any my attempted solution that I have no idea where I am going:
And the other one provides the graph:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you did in your approach besides rewriting the equations and it is difficult to read or understand.

This shouldn't be the first "find the area" problem you encounter. How did you solve the previous problems?

You have marked two intersections of the different equations already. What are their coordinates? Where is a third intersection at the boundary of your area?

You can integrate over x or over y. How would you set up the integrals? Which one looks easier?

mfb said:
I'm not sure what you did in your approach besides rewriting the equations and it is difficult to read or understand.

This shouldn't be the first "find the area" problem you encounter. How did you solve the previous problems?

You have marked two intersections of the different equations already. What are their coordinates? Where is a third intersection at the boundary of your area?

You can integrate over x or over y. How would you set up the integrals? Which one looks easier?
F07813A0-8387-4907-89FA-876E87CFD491.jpeg

Here, but these two problems are different. they only consist of one function. Whereas this question has “x is greater than or equal to zero” (what is the meaning of this with respect to the problem) part, and has two functions. Besides the solution in yellow paper, it is unclear how I figure these out?

You could rotate your images in the correct orientation, that would help already.
Drioton said:
Here, but these two problems are different. they only consist of one function.
It is still the area between four boundary lines. Here you just have three.

In one of the two options for the integration it is advisable to split the area into two regions, calculate their area separately and then add them. In the other case (the easier one!) this is not necessary.

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a region bounded by a curve?

The formula for finding the area of a region bounded by a curve is to integrate the function that represents the curve over the desired interval. This can be done using the fundamental theorem of calculus.

2. How do I determine the limits of integration for finding the area of a region?

The limits of integration can be determined by finding the points of intersection between the curve and the x-axis. These points will serve as the lower and upper limits of integration.

3. Can I use any integration method to find the area of a region bounded by a curve?

Yes, any integration method can be used as long as it is appropriate for the function being integrated. This could include techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric substitution.

4. What if the region is bounded by multiple curves?

If the region is bounded by multiple curves, the area can still be found by integrating the function that represents the top curve minus the function that represents the bottom curve. This will give the area between the two curves over the desired interval.

5. Is there a way to check if my calculated area is correct?

Yes, you can check your calculated area by graphing the curves and visually comparing the area under the curve to your calculated value. You can also use numerical methods, such as the trapezoidal rule or Simpson's rule, to estimate the area and compare it to your calculated value.