How do I find the list of individual LIGO participants?

• Other
  • Thread starter Henry Shi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ligo List
In summary, to find the list of individual LIGO participants, one can visit the LIGO website and navigate to the "Collaboration" section. This will provide a comprehensive list of all the researchers, scientists, engineers, and other individuals who have contributed to the LIGO project. Additionally, one can also search for specific team members by using the search bar on the website.
Henry Shi
This link https://www.ligo.org/about.php and this link https://my.ligo.org/census.php show me the list of participating universities in LIGO.

I am currently doing research under a professor at my university who is a member of LIGO.

Neither of the above links lists the names of the individual participants of LIGO. Is there a way to see them?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How many individuals are part of the LIGO collaboration?

The LIGO collaboration currently consists of over 1,300 scientists from over 100 institutions around the world.

2. Where can I find a complete list of individual LIGO participants?

The official LIGO website has a list of all the individual LIGO participants, organized by institution. This list is constantly updated as new members join the collaboration.

3. Can I join the LIGO collaboration as an individual researcher?

The LIGO collaboration primarily consists of large institutions and universities, but individual researchers can also join as members of these institutions. If you are interested in joining, you can reach out to a LIGO member at your institution or contact the LIGO collaboration directly.

4. Are there any requirements to become a member of the LIGO collaboration?

To become a member of the LIGO collaboration, one must be affiliated with a participating institution and have a demonstrated expertise in fields related to gravitational wave detection and analysis.

5. How can I contact individual LIGO participants for collaboration or research opportunities?

You can find contact information for individual LIGO participants on their respective institution's website or through the official LIGO website's list of participants. You can also reach out to the LIGO collaboration directly for inquiries about collaboration or research opportunities.