How do you plot y'=3+2y on a TI-Nspire CX CAS?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in plotting an ODE without x appearing in the equation. The speaker shares their confusion about why their calculator can plot a more complex equation but not a simpler one without x. They also mention being able to get the slope field with an equation containing x. After some trial and error, the speaker discovers that using y1 instead of y solves the issue.
korbear
Hi, I'm new here. I did some research plotting the ODE of y'=3+2y without having x shows up in the equation. I can't figure it out, why the calculator does plot a harder equation but not a simple one? I can get the slope field with an equation that has an x in it. However, without x, my calculator just gives me nothing (without an initial condition setup), or a single dot (with the setup.)
So, does anyone know what to do in order to get it work?

TIA

Computer science news on Phys.org
Figured out myself, you have to use y1 instead of y, because y1 is the default function. Kind of a silly mistake...

Likes Earl Whitney

1. How do I enter the equation y'=3+2y on a TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To enter the equation, press the "Y=" button on your calculator. Then, use the right arrow key to navigate to the "dy/dx" option, and enter "3+2y" in the expression box.

2. How do I change the window settings for the graph of y'=3+2y?

To change the window settings, press the "Menu" button on your calculator. Then, select "Window" and enter the desired values for the x and y ranges, as well as the scale. Press "Enter" to save the changes.

3. How do I view the slope field for the equation y'=3+2y?

To view the slope field, press the "Graph" button on your calculator. Then, press the "Menu" button and select "Analyze Graph". Finally, select "Slope Field" and press "Enter" to view the slope field.

4. How do I find the solution to y'=3+2y on a TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To find the solution, press the "Y=" button on your calculator. Then, use the right arrow key to navigate to the "dy/dx" option. Press the "Solve" button and enter the initial condition for y, such as "y(0)=1". Press "Enter" to view the solution.

5. How do I change the appearance of the graph for y'=3+2y?

To change the appearance of the graph, press the "Graph" button on your calculator. Then, press the "Menu" button and select "Graph Type". From there, you can change the graph type, color, line style, and other settings. Press "Enter" to save the changes.