How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: He... has He got a... nose like that?"In summary, this woman was 5'6", weighed 154 lbs., and had a BMI of 23. Her friend was 6'4", weighed 140 lbs., and had a BMI of 21. This woman's normal weight was always 128 lbs., except for baseball season when she went up to 132 with added muscle mass. Her friend has a "Molson Muscle" (the male equivalent of pregnancy), so he's pretty steady at 135 lbs.
okay then, 212 barleycorn and 3115 uncia

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
1.7m tall and 60kg. Yes, I am short and thin, like a needle.

15.5 hands and 4.2 bushels of cotton. :biggrin:

15 hands, is that to the shoulder?

hypatia said:
15 hands, is that to the shoulder?

Hmm...I have to deduct a few hands to the shoulder. I went with the height to the top of my head. If I adjusted that now, you'd all know how big my head is.

ice109 said:
nope; if you can't breakdown into layman's terms you don't have a good enough grasp of the material.
If you think layman's terms can fully express it, you don't have a good enough grasp of the material. :tongue:

Hurkyl said:
If you think layman's terms can fully express it, you don't have a good enough grasp of the material. :tongue:

That's an example of a clever comment!

Pfft 14 lbs to the stone. :smile:

It's basic imperial measurement. :tongue2:

6.4 kilos to the stone.

I am about 4 cubits tall too. :smile:

Last edited:
I'm 5'11'' and 124-130 lbs. I really should work out and try to build some muscle mass.

173cm and 59 Kilos. There are a lot of small people. I thought I was the only one.

Kurdt said:
173cm and 59 Kilos. There are a lot of small people. I thought I was the only one.

Over much pencil pushing and no spanner wrenching.

wolram said:
Over much pencil pushing and no spanner wrenching.

If that were true I'd have said 1.73m instead. :tongue2::wink:

Okay I have a question. I'm a surveyor and in every state other than Arizona, surveyors use "US Survey Feet" here in Arizona they use "International Feet" Why would we come up with something called International Feet? Is there any other nation that uses feet? How International can it be?

qspeechc said:
1.7m tall and 60kg. Yes, I am short and thin, like a needle.

Congratulations for being the first user in this post to use SI.

I'm 5'9" 140-145 lbs.. medium built.

Like I'd tell you how big I am! You'd come over to my house and beat me up!

Okay, I'm 1.8794 x 10^-16 light years .075 tons. At least the units are daunting.

Evo said:
4'2" 475 lbs
Consider remeasuring after getting off the motorcycle.

Ive gain a lot of weight this winter, so after I loose it, I'll be 5'6" and 135lbs:approve:

5'8, 153 lbs, medium-frame

Kurdt, wow your 173 cm? My kayak is a 185 (Pyranha s6x) but then again, that is taller than me. Nevermind (ha, yeah I like spelling it that way, a tribute...)

binzing said:
Kurdt, wow your 173 cm? My kayak is a 185 (Pyranha s6x) but then again, that is taller than me. Nevermind (ha, yeah I like spelling it that way, a tribute...)

Yes, that's 5'8'' for those working in old money. Why does that surprise you? :confused:

6' 190 lbs

5'4" and 110 lbs. Yes I am horribly short and skinny. And I'm almost positive my Linear Algebra and Diff Eqn. Professor thinks I am 16 =/ (i'm actually 21).

BobG said:
Like I'd tell you how big I am! You'd come over to my house and beat me up!

Okay, I'm 1.8794 x 10^-16 light years .075 tons. At least the units are daunting.
Since others were getting chastised for non-SI units, make that metric tons and you're all set! :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Consider remeasuring after getting off the motorcycle.

:rofl:

Eek! Yipes! I just hopped on the scale and am 10 lbs heavier than I thought I was! I've been cooking too much and spending too much time sitting on my duff apparently. :cry: Thank goodness I'm planning a week of intensive workouts with the sheep next week! (Though, I'm suspicious of where the extra weight is...my clothes still fit all the same...I think the scale is lying. :uhh:)

opt!kal said:
5'4" and 110 lbs. Yes I am horribly short and skinny. And I'm almost positive my Linear Algebra and Diff Eqn. Professor thinks I am 16 =/ (i'm actually 21).

At least your not almost 30 with people thinking you're 19 lol.

Never mind Kurdt.

tribdog said:
Okay I have a question. I'm a surveyor and in every state other than Arizona, surveyors use "US Survey Feet" here in Arizona they use "International Feet"
Except the ones that use metric:
"the U.S. Survey Foot was specified in 11 states and the International Foot was specified in 6 states. In all other states the meter is the only referenced unit of measure in the SPCS 83 legislation. The remaining 19 states do not yet have any legislation concerning SPCS 83"

Why would we come up with something called International Feet? Is there any other nation that uses feet? How International can it be?
When they had the little tea+boston harbour tantrum the USA was no longer allowed to walk into the British parliament to check the standard yard and so it based it's standard on a borrowed french Metre (Ironicallly the USA has officially always been metric!)

Because of the technology of the day the US inch wasn't quite the same as a British inch and so in 1959 the USA/UK decided to split the difference and agree on an international standard inch ( 25.4mm exactly)

Only USA + Burma officially use feet but most commonwealth countries use them unofficially in day-day speech. Although penises (penii?) and TV screens seem to be measured in inches everywhere.

Man, a lot of you guys are skinny minnies

6'3" 225 lbs

And what's wrong with being skinny? Ha, I like it. I actually was told (well my dad was told by the dad of the second best XC runner in the county, to get into running) that I should run XC, so I'm going to try it. The first day has a 9 mile run though...

gravenewworld said:
Man, a lot of you guys are skinny minnies

Actually, in most of the world they are normal. Americans are huge.

Ha, I'm breaking the American fatass curve. Yeah!

binzing said:
Ha, I'm breaking the American fatass curve. Yeah!
:rofl:

Please pass the high fructose corn sweetener,,,,,,,,,not

I'm 5'9 and 155 pounds.

Seems pretty normal to me.