How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: He... has He got a... nose like that?"In summary, this woman was 5'6", weighed 154 lbs., and had a BMI of 23. Her friend was 6'4", weighed 140 lbs., and had a BMI of 21. This woman's normal weight was always 128 lbs., except for baseball season when she went up to 132 with added muscle mass. Her friend has a "Molson Muscle" (the male equivalent of pregnancy), so he's pretty steady at 135 lbs.
edward said:
Please pass the high fructose corn sweetener,,,,,,,,,not

I'm with you on this. That stuff's pure poison.

Physics news on Phys.org
5'5", 125

frogman said:
6'3" 225 lbs

Hey! you must be the same build as me: 6'3" 230 lbs.

Yea! I'm a big SOB!

5'8, 145 lbs, maybe a bit more. Yikes.

Last edited:
opt!kal said:
5'4" and 110 lbs. Yes I am horribly short and skinny. And I'm almost positive my Linear Algebra and Diff Eqn. Professor thinks I am 16 =/ (i'm actually 21).

B. Elliott said:
At least your not almost 30 with people thinking you're 19 lol.

Don't you guys have it backwards? At least you're not 40 with people thinking you're 60. Looking younger than your age does have a benefit on the opposite end of the age scale.

Unless you're one of those really unlucky folks who somehow both looked 19 when they were 30 and subsequently looked 60 when they were 40.

BobG said:
Unless you're one of those really unlucky folks who somehow both looked 19 when they were 30 and subsequently looked 60 when they were 40.

That's me. I was ID'd everytime I bought alcohol (or lottery tickets) until I was 30, that's when my hair turned grey. I like to call it silver.

Ben Niehoff said:
I'm 5'11'' and 124-130 lbs. I really should work out and try to build some muscle mass.

Are you a bamboo stick? :|

wildman said:
Hey! you must be the same build as me: 6'3" 230 lbs.

Yea! I'm a big SOB!

We seem to be of abnormal size in here.

frogman said:

Too much time doing math and physics and not enough exercise...

I'm a 27 year old man, and I'm 5'1" and weigh 165 lbs.

fileen said:
I have a friend who is over 7' tall... He has long unruly hair and something of a beard. One day on a bus, some kid with his mom pointed at him and said, "mommy is that Jesus" People do things like that to him all the time. We can never go anywhere without being stared at. Great guy though, very good friend.

Groups of little kids will sometimes start following me if they see me walking down the street. About once every month or two, some woman will give me a goofy grin because I'm only 5'1". I'll be standing in line behind a woman at McDonalds, and she will turn around 180 degrees and give me a goofy grin, and then she'll turn around back to the front again.

Once I went to a crowded restaurant with my 5'0" sister. The restaurant was noisy while I was opening the door, but when we walked in and people saw us, the whole restaurant because completely silent, and everyone was staring at us because we are so short.

432 ems
16800 carats

5'11, 215 lbs.

5'11'' and 150

stickythighs said:
Once I went to a crowded restaurant with my 5'0" sister. The restaurant was noisy while I was opening the door, but when we walked in and people saw us, the whole restaurant because completely silent, and everyone was staring at us because we are so short.
I knew a very short woman. She told a story of how she went shopping to buy Hannukah gifts for her nieces and nephews. When she got to the counter with a cart full of toys, the clerk asked her "Do you have any money to pay for this?"

stickythighs said:
Groups of little kids will sometimes start following me if they see me walking down the street. About once every month or two, some woman will give me a goofy grin because I'm only 5'1". I'll be standing in line behind a woman at McDonalds, and she will turn around 180 degrees and give me a goofy grin, and then she'll turn around back to the front again.

I dated a girl in high school that was about 4'9" or something like that. Her whole family was short. When they built their house, they made all the ceilings and doors just a little bit lower. Not low enough that a person would hit their head walking through the door; just low enough that I suddenly felt tall when I walked into their house. It was a little disorienting the first few times I went over to her house until I finally stopped noticing it (which is what I mean about everything being just a little bit shorter).

6'2" 170 lbs

(188 cm, 77 kg (mass))

6'2'' 12.5 st

I'm curious as to whether this will end up on some database somewhere along with other facts about me, like my fav youtube videos and my opinion on Adam Rickett

BobG said:
I dated a girl in high school that was about 4'9" or something like that. Her whole family was short. When they built their house, they made all the ceilings and doors just a little bit lower. Not low enough that a person would hit their head walking through the door; just low enough that I suddenly felt tall when I walked into their house. It was a little disorienting the first few times I went over to her house until I finally stopped noticing it (which is what I mean about everything being just a little bit shorter).

That's very weird. If I was having a house built for me, I would still specify that the ceilings and the doorways be of standard height.

5'10", 180 lbs, and less than 3 mm of fat in front of my rib cage. My chest cannot shrink much further than that, and my stomach is not much wider than my chest.

B. Elliott said:
At least your not almost 30 with people thinking you're 19 lol.

Many people think I look 16. Two years ago, most people thought I looked 17. One year ago, some 12 year olds thought I was 12.

Only one person, a woman from a Target Store over estimated - she thought I was 22, when I was 21.

I am 21 right now.

is 5'11'' considered short? by "american" standards

Oerg said:
No. For a male, you are considered "short" if you are below 5'7". "Normal" would probably be 5'8"-5'11". "Tall" would be above 6'0".

For women, being above 5'7" is tall, and below 5'3" is short.

Oerg said:

No.

I must have four characters in order to post a message.

scarecrow said:
For a male, you are considered "short" if you are below 5'7".
Actually, 5'6" is considered the perfect height. Not only in America, but in the wider universe.

jimmysnyder said:
Actually, 5'6" is considered the perfect height. Not only in America, but in the wider universe.

6'2" is considered the ideal height for men in America.

jimmysnyder said:
Except in the Netherlands where an average male is 6'1" and average female is 5'6" :tongue:

Monique said:
Except in the Netherlands where an average male is 6'1" and average female is 5'6" :tongue:

I'd be about the shortest guy in the Netherlands.

Monique said:
Ah, the Netherlands, land of perfect women. And yet the men look down on them.

jimmysnyder said:
Ah, the Netherlands, land of perfect women. And yet the men look down on them.

Why are Dutch women perfect?

stickythighs said:
Why are Dutch women perfect?
I asked my wife this question. Now 5'5" is the perfect height in America.

frogman said:

Relax guys...6'3" and 300 (winter weight)...usually drop to 265-275 over the summer.

5'2 and about 115 lbs, I believe.

Yeah, I'm short...

5'11'' and 132lbs. I am considered tall and underweight in my part of the world.

6' 2" and 200 pounds