How to calculate stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

In summary, to calculate the stator to winding turns ratio using a given set of data, one must account for the stator-to-turns ratio by using the rotor current referred to the stator side of the machine. The equation used for this calculation is P_in - i_s^2R_s - i_r^2R_r = P_dev. The attempt at a solution involved substituting values and resulted in a possible turns ratio of 211.8, but it was determined that the measured stator and rotor currents were equal, indicating a turns ratio of 1:1. It is recommended to type out table values instead of attaching unclear photos for future reference.
theone

Homework Statement

I have a set of data that I need to use to calculate the stator to winding turns ratio. A hint was given:

"The rotor current measured is the rotor winding current. However, the rotor current we use for our calculations is the current referred to the stator side of the machine. Therefore, to get the right value, you have to account for the stator-to-turns ratio."

Homework Equations

## P_{in} - i_s^2R_s - i_r^2R_r = P_{dev}##

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried
## 226 - (1.005)^212 - (X0.9)^218 = 213.819##
and got X=211.8 but I don't think its correct?

Attachments

• Untitled10.png
    Untitled10.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 904
Because you measured the stator and rotor currents to be about equal, then it sounds like the turns ratio is 1:1

BTW, it would have been much better if you had typed the table values in your post, instead of attaching an almost indecipherible photo. That's something to remember for next time.

What is the purpose of calculating stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

The stator to rotor winding turns ratio is used to determine the ratio of the number of turns in the stator winding to the number of turns in the rotor winding in an electric motor. This ratio is important in designing and optimizing the motor's performance.

How do I calculate the stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

To calculate the stator to rotor winding turns ratio, you need to first count the number of turns in the stator winding and the number of turns in the rotor winding. Then, divide the number of turns in the stator winding by the number of turns in the rotor winding to get the ratio.

What factors can affect the stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

The stator to rotor winding turns ratio can be affected by the type of motor, the number of poles, the type of winding, and the operating conditions. Other factors such as the magnetic flux and the type of material used in the windings can also impact the ratio.

Why is it important to calculate the stator to rotor winding turns ratio accurately?

Calculating the stator to rotor winding turns ratio accurately is crucial in designing and manufacturing efficient and high-performing electric motors. An incorrect ratio can lead to motor failure, poor performance, and energy inefficiency.

Are there any tools or formulas available to help with calculating the stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

Yes, there are various online calculators and formulas available to help with calculating the stator to rotor winding turns ratio. These tools take into account different parameters such as the number of poles, winding type, and operating frequency to provide accurate results.