How to calculate these values in biomechanics?

In summary, the conversation is discussing a problem where the muscles of the neck support the head with a force of M and the head weighs 30N. The task is to calculate the M and F forces, with given answers of M=25N and F=45N. However, the provided solutions seem to be incorrect and the true values of M and F may be M=25N and F=30N. There is also mention of a distance between the forces, but it is unclear how it relates to the problem.
Tsunnnami

Homework Statement

So there is given that the muscles of the neck support the head and thus exert an M force. The head is 3kg = 30N.

Homework Equations

We got to calculate the M and F forces.

The M force has to be 25 and F 45 . I know this because we got the answers.

The Attempt at a Solution

No idea how those values were calculated, please help
hip9BH

https://ibb.co/hip9BH

Physics news on Phys.org
Photo is bad quality so i don't see details very well. But what i see is that you have certain distance between this forces as well..

Also this solutions are not correct for this poor example. You would get G=20N if M=25N and F=45N. On picture is says G=30N.
First of all i think F should be 30N according to nature of problem and the question would be to find forces M and G on muscles if distance between is x,y.

1. How do I calculate forces in biomechanics?

The calculation of forces in biomechanics involves using Newton's second law, which states that force is equal to mass times acceleration. This means that you need to know the mass of an object or body part and the acceleration it experiences in order to calculate the force.

2. What are the units of measurement used in biomechanics calculations?

The units of measurement used in biomechanics calculations depend on the specific values being calculated. For example, forces are measured in newtons (N), masses in kilograms (kg), and accelerations in meters per second squared (m/s^2).

3. How do I calculate torque in biomechanics?

To calculate torque in biomechanics, you need to know the force applied to an object or body part, the distance from the point of rotation, and the angle between the force and the lever arm. The formula for torque is force x distance x sin(angle).

4. What is the formula for calculating work in biomechanics?

The formula for calculating work in biomechanics is force x distance. This means that you need to know the force applied and the distance over which the force was applied in order to calculate work.

5. How do I calculate power in biomechanics?

The formula for calculating power in biomechanics is work divided by time. This means that you need to know the amount of work performed and the time it took to perform the work in order to calculate power.