How to check if you banned or not and why?

• Complaint
  • Thread starter frostysh
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user who created a topic to help them understand Doppler's effect in Classical Mechanics. After receiving feedback and making changes, they posted a calculation for open discussion. However, their post was put on hold for moderation, and the user questioned the reason for this. The moderator explains that posts that are more like essays or contain multiple questions can be problematic and may need to be split into multiple threads. They also mention that it is important to include details and supporting material when discussing complex topics like the Doppler effect. The user also expresses concern about being able to explain the Doppler effect in a short and understandable way.
frostysh
Greetings!

I have created topic to help myself with understanding of Doppler's effect in Classical Mechanics — Help with understanding the Doppler effect, and after some users provide me with interesting information and showed me my primitive mistake, I have rework my understanding of Doppler's effect on the page, and place my calculation for the open discussion to check if I not mistake again in something, but the point is on top message I have found this: "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.", and de-facto it is a ban, because I cannot post this message.

[Moderator's note: Citation of post in moderation removed (violation of rules). fresh_42]

What moderator and for what reason banned me? Thanx for the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are banned, you'll know it - you will receive a message telling you so (and if you were banned, you wouldn't have been able to start this thread).

A post in moderation is just temporarily hidden from non-mentors while we consider what to do with it - in this case, trying to check the accuracy of the post.

You are not banned, so your question cannot be answered.

Your post is "in moderation" which is equivalent to "under consideration". It is on hold, and at the moment neither released nor deleted. I don't know and do not want to know the specifica with this special post, but a few remarks came to my mind as I saw it.
  1. We have generally problems with posts that more more an essay or blog entry than a contribution to a discussion.
  2. Posts which contain more than one question, misunderstanding or false statements are also problematic, as they should be split into several threads.
  3. This was my comment as I just saw (without reading it) your post:
    "The entire post is longer than it would take me to explain the Doppler-effect in the first place!"
Hence, be patient until we decided what to do with your essay and confusing images.

Nugatory said:
If you are banned, you'll know it - you will receive a message telling you so (and if you were banned, you wouldn't have been able to start this thread).

A post in moderation is just temporarily hidden from non-mentors while we consider what to do with it - in this case, trying to check the accuracy of the post.
In this case must be logical connection: ##\large \text{the reason} \longrightarrow \text{an action} ##, and will be very good to say something about the reason to person the post of which you are banned, this will greatly help to check it's accuracy.
fresh_42 said:
You are not banned, so your question cannot be answered.

Your post is "in moderation" which is equivalent to "under consideration". It is on hold, and at the moment neither released nor deleted. I don't know and do not want to know the specifica with this special post, but a few remarks came to my mind as I saw it.
  1. We have generally problems with posts that more more an essay or blog entry than a contribution to a discussion.
  2. Posts which contain more than one question, misunderstanding or false statements are also problematic, as they should be split into several threads.
  3. This was my comment as I just saw (without reading it) your post:
    "The entire post is longer than it would take me to explain the Doppler-effect in the first place!"
Hence, be patient until we decided what to do with your essay and confusing images.
1) And why over the text field on your forum is a notion: "Please include as much detail and support material as possible." — or this is miss guiding or a joke, or I something wrong understand?
I can try to make short posts, but in therms of such models as Doppler's effect it will be not a very wise idea, because it's will be for others hard to find my mistakes, and especially it will be hard to find it for myself. A very good example is an answer of one of the user of this forum about that in Doppler effect the wavelength is changing, which is in general totally false. If I not describe in detail and no support with mathematics my guesses, how the heck the others users can check it? :rolleyes:

2) For an example the Doppler's effect contain the Classical Mechanics mechanism under it'self, so to understand it's question we need to know lot of other question, the "physicsforums.com" is by the name means that this questions must be familiar there. It's not a question like a: "The Quantum Field Theory foundations?", which is a very vast and no possible to answer it with a short posts, there need a large books.

3) Are you sure that you can explain Doppler's effect in short terms on level which user with casual education, long-time forgotten as in my case, 😪 can understand it? For an example: how changing the wave-vector ##\large \vec{k} ## during Galilean transformation? Physical meaning of inertial frame in this case? What effects can appear with such habits of wave-vector? How changing the phase velocity, for an example in one-dimensional case? Where assymetry in formula for Doppler's shift of frequencies takes it's roots and what a physical meaning of that? Etc, etc...

The post in question has been deleted, so this thread is no longer relevant.

1. How can I check if I have been banned?

There are a few ways to check if you have been banned, depending on the platform or service you are using. You can try logging in to your account and see if you have any restrictions or limitations. You can also contact the customer support team or check for any notifications or emails from the platform.

2. What are the common reasons for getting banned?

The most common reasons for getting banned are violating the terms of service or community guidelines of the platform. This can include spamming, posting inappropriate content, or engaging in illegal activities. It is important to read and follow the rules of the platform to avoid being banned.

3. How long does a ban usually last?

The duration of a ban can vary depending on the severity of the violation and the policies of the platform. Some bans may be temporary, while others may be permanent. It is best to check with the platform or customer support for more information on the specific ban duration.

4. Can I appeal a ban?

Yes, most platforms have an appeal process for bans. You can usually find this information in the terms of service or community guidelines. It is important to provide a valid reason for your appeal and follow the instructions provided by the platform.

5. Is there a way to avoid getting banned?

Yes, the best way to avoid getting banned is to follow the rules and guidelines of the platform. Make sure to read and understand the terms of service and community guidelines before using the platform. If you have any doubts, you can always contact the customer support team for clarification.