How to display a normal CDF graph on the TI-84 calculator

In summary, to access the CDF function on the TI-84 calculator, press the "2nd" button followed by the "VARS" button and select "normalcdf" from the list of options. The function requires three inputs: lower bound, upper bound, and mean. The output of the function represents the probability of a random variable falling within the specified range. Settings for the normal CDF graph can be changed by pressing the "2nd" button followed by the "FORMAT" button. To graph the normal CDF, input the values for the mean, lower bound, and upper bound and press the "GRAPH" button.
barryj
I am not sure where to ask this question but I must try somewhere.

1. Homework Statement

I am trying to graph a simple cdf on my ti-84 and I cannot get it to work.
I need an example to follow

Homework Equations

See below.

The Attempt at a Solution

2nd, dist, 2
enter -1E99,0 0,.5
[/B]I also select paste and enter.
the equation is listed in the Y= screen.

However, I cannot get a graph. Is there a trick here??

Physics news on Phys.org
I figured it out myself

1. How do I access the CDF function on the TI-84 calculator?

To access the CDF function on the TI-84 calculator, press the "2nd" button followed by the "VARS" button. Then scroll down to "DISTR" and select "normalcdf" from the list of options.

2. What values do I need to input for the normalcdf function?

The normalcdf function requires three inputs: the lower bound, the upper bound, and the mean. These can be entered in any order, as long as the correct values are inputted.

3. How do I interpret the results of the normalcdf function on the TI-84 calculator?

The output of the normalcdf function represents the area under the normal curve between the lower and upper bounds. This can be interpreted as the probability of a random variable falling within that range.

4. Can I change the settings for the normal CDF graph on the TI-84 calculator?

Yes, you can change the settings for the normal CDF graph by pressing the "2nd" button followed by the "FORMAT" button. This allows you to adjust the window settings, such as the x-min, x-max, and y-min values.

5. How do I graph the normal CDF on the TI-84 calculator?

To graph the normal CDF on the TI-84 calculator, first input the values for the mean, lower bound, and upper bound into the normalcdf function. Then press the "GRAPH" button to see the graph on the calculator's screen.