How to Output Monitor Readings in MADX for Beam Position Calibration Errors?

• Thread starter Pphysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Monitor
In summary, the speaker is new to MADX and is having trouble outputting monitor readings rather than actual beam position. They are trying to include monitor calibration errors but are unsure of the command to use. They are not using any corrections in MADX, only applying errors and recording their effects. They have asked for help from others in the forum who may have more expertise.
Pphysicist
TL;DR Summary
Monitor beam position vs actual beam position
I am fairly new to MADX and having a little trouble understanding how to output the monitor readings (apparent beam position) rather than the actual beam position at that point in the accelerator.
I am trying to include monitor calibration errors but obviously this has no effect on the actual beam position, only on the monitor measurements, which I can't work out how to output.
Basically I'm asking if anybody knows the command I need to include this.
As a side note, I am not using any corrections in MADX but simply applying certain errors and recording their effects.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to clarify)

Technology news on Phys.org
Hello Pphysicist:
I have no background in MAD-X, but I note that they have a support site: MAD-X Support
I have also pinged others in this forum in hopes of finding some specific MAD-X expertise.
Scott

Likes scottdave
Sorry, I don't use MADX. Our BPM is less sophisticated than that.

Zz.

1. How do I output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors?

In order to output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors, you will need to use the command "SELECT, FLAG=MONITOR" followed by "SURVEY, RMATRIX, FLAG=MONITOR". This will output the readings for all monitors flagged as such in your MADX code.

2. Can I output specific monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors?

Yes, you can output specific monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors by using the command "SELECT, FLAG=MONITOR, NAME=monitor_name" followed by "SURVEY, RMATRIX, FLAG=MONITOR". This will output the readings for the specified monitor only.

3. How can I visualize the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors?

You can visualize the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors by using the command "PLOT, RMATRIX" after the "SURVEY" command. This will plot the readings for all monitors flagged as such in your MADX code.

4. Is it possible to save the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors?

Yes, you can save the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors by using the command "SAVE, FILE=output_file_name, FLAG=MONITOR" after the "SURVEY" command. This will save the readings for all monitors flagged as such in your MADX code to a specified file.

5. Can I use the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors for further analysis?

Yes, you can use the output monitor readings in MADX for beam position calibration errors for further analysis by saving them to a file and importing them into a data analysis software. This will allow you to perform more detailed analysis and calculations on the readings.