How would Ether simplify science?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential impact of Aether on simplifying scientific concepts, with some arguing that it would not have any simplifying effects and would only complicate things further. The existence of Aether is also debated, with some believing it to be a philosophical interpretation of special relativity. The original question remains unanswered and the thread is closed for moderation.
ASGARDIANBRONY
I heard that if Aether was real it would simplify many things in science, what exactly would it simplify?

Physics news on Phys.org
ASGARDIANBRONY said:
I heard that if Aether was real it would simplify many things in science, what exactly would it simplify?

Its a matter of opinion because what is simple for some is not so simple for others.

My view is it breaks the symmetry of an internal frame and destroys the beauty of special relativity. Just my view.

Others have a different view:
http://ilja-schmelzer.de/gravity/

Thanks
Bill

It would put me to sleep.

Likes vela, Ibix and bhobba
Since ether theories don't work, it wouldn't simplify anything. Or, from the other direction: if an aether exists, it must be pretty complicated to have eluded detection for so long.

Likes Dale and bhobba
ASGARDIANBRONY said:
Nothing. It would just make things more complicated, so we don't bother with it.

ASGARDIANBRONY said:

You heard wrong, on BOTH counts.

Zz.

Thread closed for Moderation...

Edit: several off topic posts have been removed and the thread will remain closed

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does Ether simplify scientific experiments?

Ether simplifies scientific experiments by providing a decentralized platform for data storage and collaboration. This eliminates the need for physical storage and manual sharing of data, making the process more efficient and accessible.

2. Can Ether be used for all scientific disciplines?

Yes, Ether can be used for all scientific disciplines as it allows for the storage and sharing of any type of data, including text, images, and videos. It also has the capability to support multiple users, making it suitable for collaborative research.

3. How does Ether ensure the security and integrity of scientific data?

Ether uses blockchain technology to ensure the security and integrity of scientific data. This means that data is stored in a decentralized and immutable manner, making it nearly impossible to alter or manipulate. Additionally, access to data can be restricted to authorized users only.

4. Can Ether be used for peer-reviewed research?

Yes, Ether can be used for peer-reviewed research. It allows for transparent and traceable peer review processes, where reviewers can leave comments and suggestions directly on the data being reviewed. This promotes a more efficient and collaborative peer review process.

5. Are there any limitations to using Ether in scientific research?

Currently, the main limitation of using Ether in scientific research is the requirement for technical knowledge to operate the platform. However, with advancements in user-friendly interfaces and tools, this limitation is expected to decrease in the future.