How would I plot the following signals?

In summary, to plot a continuous signal, you would determine the range of values for the independent variable and plot the dependent variable for each corresponding value. For a discrete signal, you would plot the data points at specific values of the independent variable. When plotting a signal with multiple variables, you can either plot them on separate axes if they are independent, or on the same axis with different styles or colors if they are dependent. A signal with time-varying amplitude can be plotted by determining the values of the independent variable at which the amplitude changes and then plotting the data points accordingly. If the signal has non-numerical data, it would need to be converted to numerical values before plotting or using a specialized chart type.
anair00
I am extremely confused as how to go about this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

The signals are:

a) 𝑠(𝑛1, 𝑛2) = 𝑒(𝑛1, 𝑛2)𝑒(𝑛1, 𝑛2 + 2)

b) 𝑠(𝑛1, 𝑛2) = 𝛿(𝑛1 βˆ’ 𝑛2 + 1)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Plot how? On what kind of graph? Can you state exactly how "u(n1,n2)" and "𝛿(𝑛1)" are defined?

1. How would I plot a sine wave signal?

To plot a sine wave signal, you will need to use a graphing tool or software that allows you to plot mathematical functions. You will need to specify the amplitude, frequency, and phase of the sine wave to accurately plot it. You can also adjust the x-axis and y-axis scales to better visualize the signal.

2. Can I plot multiple signals on the same graph?

Yes, you can plot multiple signals on the same graph by using different colors or line styles to differentiate them. This can be useful for comparing and analyzing multiple signals at once.

3. How do I plot a square wave signal?

To plot a square wave signal, you will need to use a graphing tool or software that allows you to plot mathematical functions. You will need to specify the amplitude, frequency, and duty cycle of the square wave to accurately plot it. You can also adjust the x-axis and y-axis scales to better visualize the signal.

4. Can I plot a signal with non-constant amplitude or frequency?

Yes, you can plot a signal with non-constant amplitude or frequency by using a graphing tool or software that allows you to plot functions with varying parameters. You will need to specify the varying parameters in your function to accurately plot the signal.

5. How do I plot a complex signal?

To plot a complex signal, you will need to use a graphing tool or software that allows you to plot complex functions. You will need to specify the real and imaginary parts of the signal in your function to accurately plot it. You can also adjust the x-axis and y-axis scales to better visualize the signal.