How you picked your user name?

• Thread starter larkspur
  • Start date
In summary: I already took that!Thanks!Ivan Seeking...he's interested in UFO's?Yes, he's a member of a support group for people who have experienced UFO abduction.He was abducted by one. That's how I know that the horror stories with the butt probes are all true. :eek: Tsu...tsunami?No, Tsu is the alien who abducted Ivan. She walks among us, but clings to her alien name. :bugeye: Zoobyshoe...? I got no clue what it means.I've never heard of it. Is it a flower?No, it
Yeah, Turbo was my ferret. I tacked the "-1" onto his name because turbo was already in use in the member database. He was the smartest and most fun ferret we ever had, and he absolutely loved Ferret Bowling! We discovered the game after my wife and I had a slick Pergo floor installed in the living room. I'd slap my hands of the floor and Turbo would come running over, keeping just out of reach until he wanted to get "caught" - I'd grab him, tickle him, spin him around on his back and bowl him down the living room floor. He'd flip over, with his little feet pumping until he gained enough traction to reverse direction and he'd run back to me a top speed to play the game again. He was usually good for 10-15 minutes of that until he was pooped out and wanted to be held or take a nap.

Physics news on Phys.org
phonetic/numerical military radio call-sign. swift, silent, deadly and all that rot.:yuck:

There are mythical creatures that sneak around in the night called gergs...I am one of them but I like to disguise it.

Last edited:
Here's the story where the word "zoobie" comes from:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2782

from which you can see that a "zoobie" is actually a kind of bigfoot or sasquatch.

A few years ago when I first went online I wanted to be just "zoobie" in an e-mail account, but there were already a slew of them: zoobie24, and zoobie236, and everything in between. "Zooby" was also taken several times over. I cogitated for a while for something to tack onto the end of "zooby" that wouldn't just be a number, and ended up with "shoe". It seemed kind of amusing at the time.

So, a zoobyshoe is just a very, very large shoe that might fit a zoobie. I tend to play down the shoe part and emphasize the zoobie part.

zoobyshoe said:
So, a zoobyshoe is just a very, very large shoe that might fit a zoobie.
And is a Shoobyzoo just a menagerie for shoobies?

zoobyshoe said:
Here's the story where the word "zoobie" comes from:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2782

from which you can see that a "zoobie" is actually a kind of bigfoot or sasquatch.

A few years ago when I first went online I wanted to be just "zoobie" in an e-mail account, but there were already a slew of them: zoobie24, and zoobie236, and everything in between. "Zooby" was also taken several times over. I cogitated for a while for something to tack onto the end of "zooby" that wouldn't just be a number, and ended up with "shoe". It seemed kind of amusing at the time.

So, a zoobyshoe is just a very, very large shoe that might fit a zoobie. I tend to play down the shoe part and emphasize the zoobie part.

Thanks! Mr. Large Hairy Upright Walking Creature...shoe.:biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
So, a zoobyshoe is just a very, very large shoe that might fit a zoobie.
A really-big shoe?...http://timstvshowcase.com/sullivan.html
http://timstvshowcase.com/sullivan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: Another of the sisterhood's agents has her cover blown. How are we ever going to infiltrate the enemy's headquarters?

I'm going with Tom's story for how my name came to exist. Only select members of the sisterhood know its true origins (and no, it has nothing to do with Carebears! :yuck:).

Can't you give us a hint at where Moonbear came from?

Don't forget we have two other threads that describe the origin of our chosen user names (aka PF handle).

This one going back to December 3, 2004 called:
What's the Etymology of your PF Name?

And this one only back on August 17, 2005 called
User name

Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: Another of the sisterhood's agents has her cover blown. How are we ever going to infiltrate the enemy's headquarters?

I'm going with Tom's story for how my name came to exist. Only select members of the sisterhood know its true origins (and no, it has nothing to do with Carebears! :yuck:).
I have some suspicion that this involves mooning, and a bear...:bugeye:

Aether said:
A really-big shoe?...http://timstvshowcase.com/sullivan.html
http://timstvshowcase.com/sullivan.jpg
[/URL]
Yes, Ed's hands are demonstrating the size of the shoe, and you, Aether, are , apparently, revealing your age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally, does anyone remember PF member username? I used to think it was hysterically funny until a few conversations with him proved he had just been following instructions: "Put username here."

zoobyshoe said:
Incidentally, does anyone remember PF member username? I used to think it was hysterically funny until a few conversations with him proved he had just been following instructions: "Put username here."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't recall any specific posts, but I do remember the name. Until now, I always thought that he did it as a joke.

wolram said:
Well at least i have famous ancestors, as for my first name :yuck: a cruel coincidence that a robin landed on the bedroom window sill as i was berthed.:grumpy:
I think you have a very beautiful name, Wol. It sounds very important and distinguished. My first love had the same first name as you so maybe I am a little biased. :redface:

i was young (3 yrs ago) I thought it made me sound like a member of the xmen, or possibly even the justice league...

Math Is Hard said:
I think you have a very beautiful name, Wol. It sounds very important and distinguished. My first love had the same first name as you so maybe I am a little biased. :redface:

Oo er, i just came over all hot :smile:

zoobyshoe said:
Yes, Ed's hands are demonstrating the size of the shoe, and you, Aether, are , apparently, revealing your age.
That's pretty big alright...I'm in my early 40's now, and the Ed Sullivan show last aired when I was about seven years old. I always liked to hear him say his signature phrase "it's going to be a really-big sheeew...".

Mattara said:
http://www.mattarafestival.org.au/ :O

That is very odd. I just found this website. It wasn't because of that. My username is completely random
Did you use a program to get the random like Wolram did? When I saw your username, the first thing I thought was it was a combo first and last name.

I chose my name becase I was listening to a lot of Jools Holland at the time, and I think Hootenanny sounds cool. :approve:

I am Jimmy "James" Snyder.

[tex]\ell\epsilon\sigma\aleph\alpha\Re\partial\phi
\varsigma\iota\partial\iota\varsigma[/tex]

Aether said:
That's pretty big alright...I'm in my early 40's now, and the Ed Sullivan show last aired when I was about seven years old. I always liked to hear him say his signature phrase "it's going to be a really-big sheeew...".
It's funny cause Ivan also flashed back to Ed Sullivan the first time I explained what "zoobyshoe" meant.

Yeah, our family made a point to watch Ed every week. It was a pretty entertaining show. I actually saw the Beatles' first performance.

mine comes from a corny poster that was on the wall in my HS physics room :)

Physics is Phun said:
mine comes from a corny poster that was on the wall in my HS physics room :)
It does make a catchy username.:smile:

Hah I thought I was good at physics when I was in high school. Now I just realize how much I DON'T know and my name always reminds me of how stupid I am. :biggrin:

Physics_wiz said:
Hah I thought I was good at physics when I was in high school. Now I just realize how much I DON'T know and my name always reminds me of how stupid I am. :biggrin:
Realizing how much you don't know is a sure sign you're not dumb.

Likes gracy
Physics_wiz said:
reminds me of how stupid I am. :biggrin:
Uneducated, you little bugger. Don't make me tell you again. :grumpy:
There are no stupid people in PF.

Danger said:
There are no stupid people in PF.
Well, not for very long. :tongue:

I thought about adding that, but I was worried about the memories that it might bring up. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Well, not for very long. :tongue:

you forgot some one :blushing:

Now, now, Woolie... just because you can't get your sponges in a pot doesn't mean that you're stupid... :biggrin:

Danger said:
Now, now, Woolie... just because you can't get your sponges in a pot doesn't mean that you're stupid... :biggrin:

Incontroversional evidence cause i have no idea what that means, that first
word is wrong but i know what i mean.:smile:

I believe that you meant 'incontrovertable'. Anyhow, how can you not know what that means? Your sponge cake-into-a-pot-of-goo machine...

Back