Ht12e/d input output logic question

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an RF circuit designed to operate an L293D motor chip. The person was able to get it to work on a breadboard, but after soldering and checking for shorts, the signals sent through the encoder/decoder from two switches to the motor driver chip are not proper. The only difference between the breadboard and soldered version is the placement of the positive leads from the switches. The person is wondering if this difference in voltage could affect the transmitter signal and asks for help with troubleshooting.
vavapg
Good day.
I'm currently in the soldering phase of an RF circuit designed to operate an L293D motor chip. On the breadboard I managed to get it to work, but after soldering (and checking for shorts) I am not getting proper high/low signals sent through the encoder/decoder from 2 2p2t switches to the motor driver chip. The only variable I can think of is that in soldering, I put the positive leads from the switches to the 9v rail instead of the 5v regulator chip like I did on the breadboard. The data sheet says this is still within operating range for the encoder. Would a difference in voltage sent to the encoder data pins effect the transmitter signal to the decoder and out to the motor chip? As far as I know, they just operate on logic high/low signal.
Thanks for any help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Since your problem relates to an encoder/decoder and switch, part numbers on those are needed, along with a circuit schematic of both the intended wiring and what the possibly bad wiring was. Also what voltage levels do you get and what other devices are to those points? Without this information we are operating on zero information regarding what is desired and what is actually happening.

Likes CWatters
vavapg said:
I am not getting proper high/low signals

What do you get? Nothing? The Local radio station :-)

1. What is the purpose of the HT12E/D input output logic?

The HT12E/D input output logic is a type of encoder/decoder that is used to convert parallel data into serial data and vice versa. It is commonly used in remote control systems, wireless communication devices, and other electronic circuits.

2. How does the HT12E/D input output logic work?

The HT12E/D input output logic works by using a combination of address bits and data bits to encode and decode information. The encoder takes in parallel data and converts it into a serial data stream, while the decoder does the opposite by converting a serial data stream back into parallel data.

3. What are the differences between the HT12E and HT12D input output logic?

The main difference between the HT12E and HT12D input output logic is their function. The HT12E is an encoder, while the HT12D is a decoder. Additionally, the HT12E has a built-in oscillator, while the HT12D requires an external oscillator to function.

4. Can the HT12E/D input output logic be used in both parallel and serial communication?

Yes, the HT12E/D input output logic can be used for both parallel and serial communication. It can convert parallel data into serial data for transmission and convert serial data back into parallel data for processing.

5. What are some common applications of the HT12E/D input output logic?

The HT12E/D input output logic is commonly used in remote control systems, wireless communication devices, security systems, and other electronic circuits that require encoding and decoding of data. It is also used in industrial automation, home automation, and automotive electronics.