Hypothetical stable isotope of Promethium?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating an artificial stable isotope of Promethium and the limitations of changing the nuclear properties of nuclei. It is mentioned that currently, there are no stable isotopes of Promethium and it would require a change in nature's physics to create one. The topic of femtotech and its potential role in creating a new periodic table is also mentioned.
Maximum7
TL;DR Summary
Discussing theoretical chemistry and what would it take to make artificial Promethium
Say one was to create an artificial stable isotope of Promethium as it has predicted applicable properties. What would it’s number have to be? I know Promethium-147 is semi-stable.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
No isotope of promethium is stable.

Vanadium 50 said:
No isotope of promethium is stable.
I’m aware. I was asking how; if they could make an artificial one. If it’s completely impossible fine; but I was thinking speculatively. Ray Kurzweil often said femtotech could create a new periodic table.

Maximum7 said:
Summary: Discussing theoretical chemistry and what would it take to make artificial Promethium

I know Promethium-147 is semi-stable.
There is nothing that one could do 'chemically' to change the nuclear properties of a nucleus.

I would not consider 147Pm with a half-life of 2.6234 y as being "semi-stable", nor 146Pm (half life = 5.53 y), nor 145Pm (half life = 17.7(4) y).

As V50 indicated, there are no stable isotopes of Pm.

Nature would have to change its Physics, which is beyond the realm of humanity.

1. What is a hypothetical stable isotope of Promethium?

A hypothetical stable isotope of Promethium is a version of the element Promethium (Pm) that has a different number of neutrons in its nucleus, making it more stable and less radioactive.

2. Is there any evidence of a stable isotope of Promethium?

Currently, there is no evidence of a stable isotope of Promethium. All known isotopes of Promethium are radioactive and decay over time.

3. Why is a stable isotope of Promethium important?

A stable isotope of Promethium would have a longer half-life and would not release harmful radiation, making it safer to handle and use in scientific research and applications.

4. How could a stable isotope of Promethium be created?

A stable isotope of Promethium could potentially be created through nuclear reactions, such as bombarding a stable isotope of another element with high-energy particles. However, this has not yet been achieved in a laboratory setting.

5. What would be the potential uses for a stable isotope of Promethium?

A stable isotope of Promethium could have various uses in scientific research, such as in nuclear medicine and imaging, as well as in industrial applications, such as in batteries and nuclear reactors. It could also have potential uses in developing new technologies and materials.