I am in search of an alternate Physics book.

In summary, the speaker is an eleventh grade student struggling with their Physics teacher and looking for a book to help them understand the subject better. They mention being lost and hoping the book will get them back on track. They mention wanting a book similar to Princeton Review and currently using the Holt Physics book provided by their school.
Aic
I am currently an eleventh grade student attending high school and I must say, I have the worst Physics teacher at my school. It is very very hard to keep up with her and such. I am in look for a book that will help me understand the problems in greater depth. At the moment I am completely lost in Physics and hoping that this book will help me find my way back on track. I don't know what to call my course of Physics. I'm guessing it's general Physics. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You'll probably get better answers, but personally, I like Conceptual Physics by Paul Hewitt. I used it a year or so ago when I was just learning physics, and it teaches the concepts without teaching huge mathematical equations. After you get the concepts down, it's pretty simple to do the mathematics.

Which book are you using now?

I currently have the Holt Physics book provided by school.

I want a book that is sort of like a Princeton Review book.

Related to I am in search of an alternate Physics book.

1. What makes an alternate Physics book different from traditional textbooks?

An alternate Physics book may differ in its approach to teaching the subject, its use of examples and illustrations, or its organization and structure. It may also cover different topics or offer alternative explanations for complex concepts.

2. How can I determine if an alternate Physics book is suitable for my level of understanding?

You can look at the book's preface or introduction to see if it is intended for beginners, intermediate, or advanced students. You can also read reviews or ask for recommendations from other students or professors.

3. Are there any benefits to using an alternate Physics book?

Yes, an alternate Physics book can offer a fresh perspective on familiar topics, help you understand difficult concepts in a new way, and provide additional practice problems and exercises. It can also make the subject more interesting and engaging.

4. Can I use an alternate Physics book as a primary textbook for my course?

It depends on the requirements of your course and the material covered in the book. It is best to consult with your professor before using an alternate Physics book as your primary textbook to ensure that it aligns with the course curriculum.

5. Are there any resources available to help me find the right alternate Physics book?

Yes, you can search online for reviews and recommendations, visit your school's library or bookstore, or ask your professor or classmates for suggestions. You can also look for books that have won awards or are used in other universities as supplementary materials.