I Love the smell of burning tire in the morning, insane

In summary, the conversation discusses the art of import drifting, where drivers use counter steering and powerful rear-wheel drive cars to slide around corners. The conversation also mentions using snowy or icy roads and the e-brake for joy-riding during winter. The participants also express their love for the feeling of sliding their cars sideways around corners.
Physics news on Phys.org
thats crazy. I don't even know how to drive normally :biggrin:

Thats some good stuff, have tried it myself a few times but without much success.

Yea, you need a very powerful real-wheel drive car to do that I think. I just use a snowy/icy road and the e-brake to have my joy-riding fun!

rocketboy said:
Yea, you need a very powerful real-wheel drive car to do that I think. I just use a snowy/icy road and the e-brake to have my joy-riding fun!

Haha I do that to, the only fun thing about winter!

scorpa said:
Haha I do that to, the only fun thing about winter!
Doesn't it feel great sliding your car around a corner sideways?:biggrin: :biggrin:

rocketboy said:
Doesn't it feel great sliding your car around a corner sideways?:biggrin: :biggrin:

You bet it does! Lots of fun with a quad to!

1. What causes the smell of burning tire?

The smell of burning tire is caused by the release of various chemicals and pollutants from the burning rubber, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and volatile organic compounds.

2. Is inhaling the smell of burning tire harmful?

Yes, inhaling the smell of burning tire can be harmful to one's health. The chemicals released from burning tires can irritate the respiratory system and cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea. Long-term exposure to these pollutants can also lead to more serious health issues.

3. Can burning tires contribute to air pollution?

Yes, burning tires can contribute to air pollution as it releases harmful chemicals into the air. The pollutants released from burning tires can also react with other compounds in the atmosphere and contribute to the formation of smog and other air pollutants.

4. Why do some people enjoy the smell of burning tire?

Some people may enjoy the smell of burning tire due to the release of certain chemicals that can trigger a pleasurable response in the brain. Additionally, the smell may evoke memories or feelings of nostalgia for some individuals. However, it is important to note that even though some people may enjoy the smell, it is still harmful to inhale and should be avoided.

5. What are the environmental impacts of burning tires?

Burning tires can have significant environmental impacts, including air pollution, soil contamination, and water pollution. The chemicals released from burning tires can also contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer and contribute to climate change. Additionally, the disposal of burned tire remnants can also be harmful to the environment and can contaminate soil and water sources.