Images not allowed in the Sci-Fi forum?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation included discussions about trying different techniques to upload images, issues with images not showing up in the forums, and questions about the use of images in the Sci Fi Forum. The conversation also touched on the concept of "SCR Latchup" and the use of thyristors in electrical circuits. Ultimately, the issue with uploading images seemed to have been resolved without any changes being made by the participants.
Physics news on Phys.org
@Greg Bernhardt -- did something get goofed up with image posting?

Who is "you"? I tried both uploading from my C:\ drive and Copy/Paste from a website.

I tried every way
- copy-paste,
- attach file,
- upload file elsewhere and link to it.

Yeah, seems to be working for me now as well. :smile:

I see some errors in the backend relating to our image compressor. Maybe that was cleared up :)

Likes berkeman
I tried uploading images a few times - including one today - where I was getting an error. Today, I tried with an uploaded URL (at that point it was in the preview), then by saving the image on my computer (gif, png, jpg) and uploading it and, finally, uploading a screenshot of the image as a jpg and I still had an error. Finally quit.

Not sci fi, but it's an image. I think you guys aren't holding your faces right.
HighWheel.jpg

Owie! That takes a special kind of bicycle shorts. Did he invent Teflon? :wink:

1. Why are images not allowed in the Sci-Fi forum?

Images are not allowed in the Sci-Fi forum because they can often distract from the discussion and take up a lot of space. This can make it difficult for other users to navigate the forum and find the information they are looking for.

2. Can I include a link to an image instead?

Yes, you can include a link to an image in your post, as long as it is relevant to the discussion and does not violate any forum rules. However, it is still recommended to use descriptive language and explanations instead of relying on images.

3. What about using images for reference or to support my argument?

While images can be helpful in some cases, it is important to remember that the focus of the Sci-Fi forum is on discussion and exchanging ideas. If you feel that an image is necessary to support your argument, you can include a link to it in your post.

4. Are there any exceptions to the "no images" rule?

In certain cases, moderators may allow the use of images if they are relevant and add value to the discussion. However, this is at the discretion of the moderators and should not be expected as a standard practice.

5. Can I use images in my profile or signature?

No, images are not allowed in profiles or signatures in the Sci-Fi forum. This is to maintain a clean and organized layout for all users and to avoid any potential issues with inappropriate or offensive images.