Improve English Speaking: Blending Sounds

• Thread starter fxdung
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of speaking English quickly and the potential blending of sounds that can occur. It also mentions a specific video on YouTube showcasing clear and eloquent English speaking, but notes that this may not be the most efficient way to communicate in certain situations, such as teaching or giving lectures. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance and impact of spoken English.
fxdung
I hear that when speaking English very fast, they can prepare the next sound(s)(consonant or vowel) at the time of pronouncing before sound. So there can be a partly blending of sounds when speaking very fast. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
fxdung said:
I hear that when speaking English very fast, they can prepare the next sound(s)(consonant or vowel) at the time of pronouncing before sound. So there can be a partly blending of sounds when speaking very fast. Is that correct?
If you speak any language quickly you will get one word cascading into another.
Similar point to your other MIT video.

I would check out “Christopher Hitchens greatest speech” on you tube, 6 mins 53 sec.
Tony Blair is sat at the side watching him and laughing along with his jokes even though he was debating him on the opposite side.
He was having chemo therapy at the time for cancer so was probably not at his best in terms of energy.
However, this is a beautiful way to speak English, clear, eloquent, articulated, and enunciated.

It is not the most efficient way to speak English.
Not if you want to teach a class, it would simply take too long and lecturers have a lot to get through in their slot.
Like your open MIT lecturer haste is needed to cover all the points sometimes.

For me it is the most pleasant form to listen to in terms of spoken English.

I will not post the link, you can find it, the content is not for pf.

Last edited:

1. How can I improve my English speaking by blending sounds?

To improve your English speaking by blending sounds, you can practice by listening to native English speakers and mimicking their pronunciation. You can also try tongue twisters and speaking exercises to improve your blending skills.

2. What are some common mistakes when blending sounds in English?

Some common mistakes when blending sounds in English include mispronouncing certain sounds, not using the correct stress or intonation, and not pausing at the right places in a sentence.

3. Are there any online resources or tools that can help with blending sounds in English?

Yes, there are many online resources and tools that can help with blending sounds in English. Some examples include pronunciation apps, online courses, and YouTube channels dedicated to teaching proper pronunciation.

4. How long does it take to improve English speaking by blending sounds?

The amount of time it takes to improve English speaking by blending sounds varies for each individual. It depends on factors such as your current level of proficiency, how much you practice, and how quickly you learn. With consistent practice and dedication, you can see improvement in a few weeks to a few months.

5. Are there any tips for blending sounds in specific words or phrases?

Some tips for blending sounds in specific words or phrases include breaking down the word or phrase into smaller parts and practicing each sound separately, listening to how native speakers pronounce the word or phrase, and paying attention to the stress and intonation patterns in the word or phrase.