Improve Result of my CFD results

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of effective communication in the workplace. The speakers discussed the importance of clear and concise communication, active listening, and avoiding assumptions. They also emphasized the need for empathy and understanding in communication, especially in diverse work environments. Overall, the conversation highlighted the key elements of effective communication and their impact on productivity and team dynamics.
Smushiehippo
Im running a CFD simulation. Looking at improve my CFD simulation. my mesh is currently low density.

Q) Would increasing mesh density around the boundaries of the air craft wing capture the forces (velcoty & pressure) on my velocity map and added streamlines.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, increasing the mesh density near the edges would increase the accuracy of the simulation. It will also slow down the simulation.
You need the greatest mesh density where the velocity of the flow changes fastest.

1. How can I improve the accuracy of my CFD results?

There are several ways to improve the accuracy of your CFD results. First, make sure your mesh is of high quality and properly captures the geometry and flow features. Second, use a turbulence model that is appropriate for your flow conditions. Third, ensure that your boundary conditions are realistic and representative of the actual flow. Finally, perform a grid convergence study to determine the optimal mesh size for your simulation.

2. What can I do to reduce the computational time of my CFD simulation?

One way to reduce computational time is to use a coarser mesh, but this may sacrifice accuracy. Another option is to use parallel computing, where the simulation is split across multiple processors or computers to speed up the calculations. Additionally, optimizing your solver settings and using a more efficient turbulence model can also help reduce computational time.

3. How do I know if my CFD results are physically realistic?

It is important to validate your CFD results with experimental or analytical data. This can be done by comparing key flow parameters, such as pressure or velocity, at specific points in the domain. Additionally, performing sensitivity analyses and verifying that the results are consistent with physical principles can help ensure the accuracy and realism of your results.

4. Can I use CFD to optimize my design?

Yes, CFD can be a powerful tool for design optimization. By running multiple simulations with different design parameters, you can determine which design configuration yields the best performance. However, it is important to remember that CFD results are only as good as the assumptions and inputs used, so it is crucial to validate and verify the results before making any design decisions.

5. How can I ensure the reliability of my CFD results?

To ensure the reliability of your CFD results, it is important to follow good modeling practices, such as using appropriate meshing techniques, selecting an appropriate turbulence model, and validating the results with experimental or analytical data. It is also helpful to perform sensitivity analyses and verify that the results make physical sense. Collaborating with other experts in the field and seeking peer review can also help improve the reliability of your results.