Infinite-infinite universe explains all

• Thread starter nameta9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the conversation is discussing the theory of the infinite-infinite universe, where all conceivable possibilities exist within our infinite universe, including contradictions. The theory suggests that explanations are unnecessary as everything is a given combination from the infinite amount of combinations. There is a distinction between an infinite universe in terms of physical laws and an infinite universe in terms of all possible concepts, with the latter falling into the realm of metaphysics and philosophy. The theory also suggests that contradictions are an integral part of the infinite universe. It is considered the ultimate last theory and all explanations are seen as an aesthetic device. The conversation also touches on the idea of multiple parallel universes and the limitations of human consciousness in understanding the infinite.
disproving

thegame1234 said:
I was thinking of something like the "infinite theory" today about it being the only possible explanation of this world, even though It doesn't help science in a practical sense or any other sense for that matter, but it does provide a sort of starting theory for THE explanation of universe and how it works...and the thing about the theory is that even if you can't possibly prove it...you also CAN NOT disprove it either.

I disagree.

The "infinite theory", or whatever it would be called can not be possible.

By definition, this allows an infinite number of universes and parallel diminsions. And by being infinite that means that there can be nothing larger than it.

Well I can, right now, prove that there IS something larger than the number of realities in "everything".

I used to believe in just this type of theory. And it is an appealing one to believe in, because it means that every story written or imagined is actually taking place somewhere. Somewhere Frodo is carrying the ring to Mount Doom to foil Sauron. Somewhere, James T Kirk is captaining the Enterprise across the galaxy. Since the universe is infinite, it is always bigger than our imagination.

Problem is this. I can imagine a universe in which there is a monster that can reach out across all the universes/dimensions. It can, and does, at this very moment burn every other living thing in all the other universes/diminsions into a crisp at this very moment.

The fact that I am still here proves that this one thing did not happen. And in that case, my imagination is bigger than the number of possibilities in the universe(s). And if that is the case, by definition, it is not truly "infinite", because nothing can be bigger than something that is infinite.

Space news on Phys.org
Mister Glass said:
I disagree.

The "infinite theory", or whatever it would be called can not be possible.

By definition, this allows an infinite number of universes and parallel diminsions. And by being infinite that means that there can be nothing larger than it.

Well I can, right now, prove that there IS something larger than the number of realities in "everything".

I used to believe in just this type of theory. And it is an appealing one to believe in, because it means that every story written or imagined is actually taking place somewhere. Somewhere Frodo is carrying the ring to Mount Doom to foil Sauron. Somewhere, James T Kirk is captaining the Enterprise across the galaxy. Since the universe is infinite, it is always bigger than our imagination.

Problem is this. I can imagine a universe in which there is a monster that can reach out across all the universes/dimensions. It can, and does, at this very moment burn every other living thing in all the other universes/diminsions into a crisp at this very moment.

The fact that I am still here proves that this one thing did not happen. And in that case, my imagination is bigger than the number of possibilities in the universe(s). And if that is the case, by definition, it is not truly "infinite", because nothing can be bigger than something that is infinite.
summed up nicely as : “Infinity is where things happen that don’t.”

MF :smile:

As I said previously remember that ALL CONTRADICTIONS REIGN in the infinite-infinite universe. The theory accepts all the contradictions however impossible, even the concept that this theory is false...

nameta9 said:
As I said previously remember that ALL CONTRADICTIONS REIGN in the infinite-infinite universe. The theory accepts all the contradictions however impossible, even the concept that this theory is false...
I doubt if solutions that are not self-consistent are viable, ie have any meaning or possibility of existence. This would mean that our universe is one of the self-consistent solutions only.

Alice laughed, "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Nameta:

How old r U and where r U from ?

Hope U r not 9.

U must rename yourself as Mr. Contradiction

Last edited:
The infinite-infinite universe has been demonstrated true because even if it is false it is true, and even if it is true it is false. Infinity contains all possible concepts including this, along with all possible mechanisms and manipulations. This is the final theory of everything physics has been looking for. They can now go on vacation for some time; their biggest problem is solved.

nameta9 said:
The infinite-infinite universe has been demonstrated true because even if it is false it is true, and even if it is true it is false. Infinity contains all possible concepts including this, along with all possible mechanisms and manipulations. This is the final theory of everything physics has been looking for. They can now go on vacation for some time; their biggest problem is solved.
and the answer is...(roll of drums and gasps of anticipation)...

42!

Can we all retire now that nameta9 has answered all there is to answer?

"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

OK, I think things have run their course here...