Information about High Frequency Dielectrics

In summary, Pease recommends Teflon for high frequency use and recommends reading up on EM and capacitors before starting a project. He also suggests looking at Roger for information on high frequency dielectrics.
Hiilal
I have a project about High Frequency Dielectrics and I am searching everywhere but nothing found.
Please I need your help to find some information that would help me in my project.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What are you searching for?
Dielectric characteristics at high frequency,
Breakdown voltage,
Soakage,
Capacitor life,
Materials with high dielectric constant,
Materials with low dielectric constant,
or ?
“Robert A. Pease” wrote a book "Troubleshooting Analog Circuits" that discusses capacitor dielectrics. This book is probably a good place to start.

Any good EM book should have topics on dielectrics. Look at the frequency dependence of conductance. I only studied undergrad EM books where it mainly deal with homogeneous and isotropic dielectrics. In EE, we mostly deal with homogeneous and isotropic dielectric. This can get really complicated if you deal with non isotropic materials.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, I need everything about High Frequency Dielectrics, some general information, I need some useful links that can help to do my project, my project will be about 20 pages.

Thanks again

Hiilal, are you building some equipment or writing a paper on High Frequency Dielectrics?
If you are building equipment, what type of equipment are you building and what is the frequency.
Teflon is one of the best high frequency dielectrics availiable.

Carl Pugh said:
Hiilal, are you building some equipment or writing a paper on High Frequency Dielectrics?
My question also. When considering the "optical" index of refraction of a material, the frequency dependent dielectric constant is involved. Hence the materials relative permittivity must be considered.

Just writing papers, no equipments required! I still don't know anything about the project

For some practical information on capacitors, Google "Bob Pease" capacitors.

Are you familiar with EM? If not, would that be hard to write this paper?
Another place you might find application notes is company called Roger. They located in Chandler Az last I know. They are famous for producing RF cladding material that is used for making pcb. They have all different kinds of dielectric materials and they publish their characteristics. Go to their website and read up those materials. From what I remember, they are more written in English than those EM books or the links I posted.

Related to Information about High Frequency Dielectrics

1. What are high frequency dielectrics?

High frequency dielectrics are materials that have a high dielectric constant, meaning they have a strong ability to store electrical energy in an electric field. These materials are commonly used in electronic devices and circuits that operate at high frequencies, typically above 1 MHz.

2. What is the importance of high frequency dielectrics?

High frequency dielectrics play a crucial role in modern electronics, as they enable the efficient transmission and manipulation of high frequency signals. This is essential for applications such as wireless communication, radar systems, and high-speed data transfer.

3. What are some common examples of high frequency dielectrics?

Some common examples of high frequency dielectrics include ceramic materials such as barium titanate and strontium titanate, as well as polymer materials such as polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET).

4. How do high frequency dielectrics differ from regular dielectrics?

High frequency dielectrics have a higher dielectric constant compared to regular dielectrics, meaning they can store more electrical energy. They also have a lower loss tangent, which means they have less energy loss when exposed to high frequency signals.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to using high frequency dielectrics?

One potential drawback of using high frequency dielectrics is their high cost compared to regular dielectrics. They also tend to have a lower breakdown voltage, which means they are more susceptible to electrical breakdown under high voltage conditions.