Intel XDK error message can't open. Allow traffic, how?

• Thread starter binbagsss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary, the conversation revolves around the error message that appears when trying to open Intel XDK. The speaker has attached screenshots of their attempts to fix the issue by adjusting firewall and internet settings. They mention being unsure of where to make the changes and encountering issues such as the "Bypass proxy server..." box being unchecked and the "port" box being unactive. They also ask for advice on where to post about this issue.
binbagsss
Every time I try to open Intel XDK it comes up with the error message that is attached.

It gives instructions on what to do to allow the ports,
and I've attached the screen shots of what I've done in control panel- so in firewall, (with the new windows I can't get to the 'exceptions' tab and I believe the way to it is to go to 'advanced settings', 'indound rules' , 'new rules' and as attached are two screen shots of the new rule I created.

I was unsure whether I am supposed to go to firewall settings or internet settings, so I've done both as attached.

As attached I've ticked the 'Bypass proxy server...', however, every time I click back into control panel, the box appears unchecked again (I think this may be because I haven't pressed apply...however this button remains unactive and I have no idea why ! )

I also don't understand why the 'port' box remains unactive within the 'internet options' 'connection' 'Lan settings'

Many Thanks in advance.

p.s- apologies if this isn't the right place to post, if it isn't could someone please tell me where is? ta.

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 1111.png
    1111.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 559
  • 11111.png
    11111.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 526
  • 111111.png
    111111.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 545
Technology news on Phys.org
Why use a proxy server in the first place?

Related to Intel XDK error message can't open. Allow traffic, how?

1. What does the error message "can't open" in Intel XDK mean?

This error message usually means that the application is unable to establish a connection with the server or a specific file or resource. It could be due to network connectivity issues, incorrect settings, or a server-side problem.

2. Why am I getting the error message "allow traffic" in Intel XDK?

This error message indicates that the application is not able to communicate with the server due to network restrictions. It usually occurs when the network is blocking the incoming or outgoing traffic for the application.

3. How can I fix the "can't open" error in Intel XDK?

To fix this error, you can try the following steps:
1. Check your network connectivity and make sure you have a stable internet connection.
2. Verify that you have entered the correct server address and port number in the application settings.
3. Make sure that the server or resource you are trying to access is not down or experiencing any issues.
4. Check if the server has any restrictions or firewall rules that may be blocking the application's access.
5. If the error persists, try restarting the application or your device.

4. How do I allow traffic in Intel XDK?

To allow traffic in Intel XDK, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the application settings and click on the "Network" tab.
2. Under the "Network" tab, check the box next to "Allow traffic" option.
3. Save the settings and try accessing the server or resource again.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "can't open" error in Intel XDK?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent this error, you can reduce the chances of it occurring by:
1. Ensuring a stable internet connection.
2. Double-checking the server address and port number.
3. Keeping the server and the application up-to-date.
4. Checking for any network restrictions or firewall rules that may block the application's access.
5. Following best practices for coding and handling network requests in your application.