Interesting compounds with alcohol functional group

In summary, interesting compounds with alcohol functional group include ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, and glycerol. The alcohol functional group is identified by the -OH group attached to a carbon atom in the compound's molecular structure. Compounds with alcohol functional group tend to have a strong, distinct odor, are soluble in water, and have a relatively low boiling point. These compounds have various uses, such as solvents, disinfectants, fuels, and in the production of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. However, consuming or using compounds with alcohol functional group can have health effects such as intoxication, liver damage, and skin irritation, so it is important to use them safely and in moderation.
Conservation
I'm looking for examples of some interesting compounds that contain alcohol functional group (please, no joke suggestions about various liquor). Bonus points for creativity/thinking-outside-the-box.

Thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Fucitol.

Trypsin

Fucitol made me laugh...Not quite what I expected.

Anything else?

DNA

Amber

Almost anything organic (can) contain(s) a hydroxy group. What exactly are you looking for?

Well, it was kind of a broad, open question about compounds with hydroxy group; I don't plan on using the compounds for anything, it's more for a puzzle of sort.

Inositol, 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexahydrocyclohexane.

1. What are some examples of interesting compounds with alcohol functional group?

Some examples of interesting compounds with alcohol functional group include ethanol (found in alcoholic beverages), isopropyl alcohol (used as a disinfectant), and glycerol (found in skincare products).

2. How is the alcohol functional group identified in a compound?

The alcohol functional group is identified by the -OH group attached to a carbon atom in the compound's molecular structure.

3. What are the properties of compounds with alcohol functional group?

Compounds with alcohol functional group tend to have a strong, distinct odor, are soluble in water, and have a relatively low boiling point compared to other organic compounds.

4. What are some uses of compounds with alcohol functional group?

Compounds with alcohol functional group have a wide range of uses, including as solvents, disinfectants, fuels, and in the production of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.

5. What are the health effects of consuming or using compounds with alcohol functional group?

Consuming or using compounds with alcohol functional group can have various health effects, such as intoxication, liver damage, and skin irritation. It is important to use these compounds safely and in moderation.