Interviewing an Electrical Engineer for a Career Project

In summary, to become an electrical engineer, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Important skills for this profession include technical knowledge in areas such as circuit design, programming, and electronics, as well as critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. Electrical engineers work on a variety of projects, including designing and testing electronic systems, developing power generation and distribution systems, and creating communication and control systems. They can work in various industries, such as aerospace, automotive, telecommunications, manufacturing, and research and development. The job outlook for electrical engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 5% from 2019 to 2029, due to the increasing demand for new technologies and the need for electrical
MB2
excuse me i am in need of help i need to interview an Electrical Engineer for a Career Project in school i just have 10 questions that i need answered

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ok. Ask the 10 questions...and I'm sure a bunch of "engineers' will answer you openly...and honestly.

MB2 said:
excuse me i am in need of help i need to interview an Electrical Engineer for a Career Project in school i just have 10 questions that i need answered

Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we no longer allow interview threads at the PF. Thread is closed.

1. What education is required to become an electrical engineer?

To become an electrical engineer, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field, such as computer engineering or electronics engineering. Some employers may also require a master's degree for certain positions.

2. What skills are important for an electrical engineer?

Some important skills for an electrical engineer include technical knowledge in areas such as circuit design, programming, and electronics, as well as critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.

3. What types of projects do electrical engineers work on?

Electrical engineers work on a variety of projects, including designing and testing electronic systems, developing power generation and distribution systems, and creating communication and control systems. They may also work on projects related to robotics, renewable energy, or consumer electronics.

4. What industries do electrical engineers typically work in?

Electrical engineers can work in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, telecommunications, manufacturing, and research and development. They may also work for government agencies or in academia.

5. What is the job outlook for electrical engineers?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for electrical engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 5% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and the need for electrical engineers to develop and maintain them.