Is Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowaki a good book?

In summary, Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowaki is considered to be a comprehensive and well-written textbook for learning calculus. It covers all the fundamental concepts and techniques in a clear and concise manner, making it easy for students to understand. The book also includes numerous examples and practice problems to reinforce the concepts. However, some readers may find the explanations to be too brief and lacking in depth. Overall, it is a highly recommended book for those looking to learn calculus.
patric44
hi guys
i want a good book for self learning calculus and i found caculus by Swokowaki and olnick 6ed
i bought it actualy for 1.5$ (used version)
so i want to know is it a good book for self learning
or there's better one?
i actualy took couple courses in calculus ,algebra, geometry in collage
but can't remember much from it .

Physics news on Phys.org
any help

Since there is a 6th edition, there must be a lot of people who find it good. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it's worth 1.5$.

thanks for responding

any math book recomendation to refresh my memory in mathematics ?

Related to Is Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowaki a good book?

1. Is Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowski a good book?

This is a subjective question as the definition of "good" varies from person to person. However, Calculus (6th edition) is a well-respected and widely-used textbook in the field of calculus. It covers all the fundamental concepts and has numerous examples and practice problems to aid in understanding.

2. Is Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowski too difficult for beginners?

Again, this depends on the individual's prior knowledge and understanding of calculus. However, the book is designed to be accessible for beginners and provides clear explanations of concepts and step-by-step solutions to problems.

3. Are the practice problems in Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowski similar to those found in exams?

Yes, the book has a wide range of practice problems that are similar to those found in exams. This allows students to familiarize themselves with the types of questions they may encounter and practice their problem-solving skills.

4. Is the content in Calculus (6th edition) by Swokowski up-to-date?

Yes, the 6th edition of this book was published in 2000, which may seem dated, but the fundamental concepts of calculus have not changed since then. The book also includes newer applications of calculus, such as optimization and differential equations.

5. Are there any major differences between the 6th edition and previous editions of Calculus by Swokowski?

The 6th edition has been updated with new examples, applications, and exercises. It also includes new features such as "Technology Connections" that show how technology can be used to explore and understand calculus concepts. However, the overall content and structure remain similar to previous editions.