Is Hell exothermic or endothermic?

In summary: It was hilariously accurate.In summary, the student, Tim Graham, didn't deserve an A on the assignment because he didn't disprove Option 2, which is that hell is neither.
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Let's assume for the sake of discussion that hell is not "neither".

Physics news on Phys.org
I am assuming you saw the picture of the kid explaining why hell was endothermic because a girl slept with him?

No...

I heard the question in a chemistry class on Friday. Our teacher told us he'd give us the answer after spring break. I'd like to surprise him.

Prove: The set of all days that contain the task "School" is less exciting than the set of all days that contain the task "Spring Break".

There's your assignment, math people!

http://www.pinetree.net/humor/thermodynamics.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Char. Limit said:
ve: The set of all days that contain the task "School" is less exciting than the set of all days that contain the task "Spring Break".

Counterexample. I broke my arm, suffered a concussion, and almost committed suicide during the spring break.

People go to hell, and stay there for eternity, seems like a simple deal, nay?

MotoH said:
http://www.pinetree.net/humor/thermodynamics.html"

So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true...Thus, hell is exothermic."

The student, Tim Graham, got the only A.

He didn't deserve an A.

1) The story is a myth

2) Souls have no mass (well, except for Catholic souls*, but that's a small subset of the human population when compared to every soul that has existed since the beginning of time).

3) There's no conclusive proof that souls can't leave hell after they've served whatever penance is due for their sins. In fact, some religions believe a person can eventually be forgiven for their sins.

4) Even if souls did have mass, the only thing that can be determined by Theresa Manyan's statement is that the temperature hasn't dropped to the "cold" range, yet.

4a) Theresa Manyan is definitely going to hell, where her punishment will be to be hit upon constantly by Tim Graham (the most obnoxious geek in the Oklahoma School of Engineering). The only bright side is that, someday, Theresa Manyan will pay the ultimate price for her sins and, when she does, her slate will be wiped clean, making her stay in hell merely temporary. (In other words, hers will be one of the souls that leave hell.)

4b) Theresa Manyan is definitely going to hell, where her punishment will be to have sex with Tim Graham (the most obnoxious geek in the Oklahoma School of Engineering) for eternity because her soul is never leaving hell. This will only be possible if hell is expanding at a faster rate than souls can be deposited. Considering the size of the universe compared to the size of Earth, it's entirely reasonable to assume a similarly sized hell (i.e. - infinite), in which case the rising population of a planet the size of Earth is trivial - especially when you consider that no star or planet can live forever, let alone the population of a planet. In other words, the current rate of population growth is only temporary and will soon be countered by a massive and rapid decrease in population.

4c) Irrelevant since there is no way that b- Theresa Manyan is not going to hell. (but I'm not bitter - really)

* - Merely a bad pun. In reality, the official position of the Catholic church is that souls have no mass, nor do Heaven or Hell have a location in the physical universe. They exist in a vacuum where no matter exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exothermic because souls are being perpetually combusted

Lol, I liked that essay answer.

1. Is there scientific evidence for the existence of Hell?

As a scientist, I cannot make a definitive statement on the existence of Hell as it is a concept rooted in religion and spirituality. There is no scientific evidence that supports or refutes the existence of Hell.

2. Can Hell be classified as an exothermic or endothermic process?

Neither. Exothermic and endothermic processes refer to the transfer of heat energy, which does not apply to the concept of Hell.

3. What is the temperature of Hell?

As Hell is a concept and not a physical place, it does not have a measurable temperature. Any reference to the temperature of Hell is purely metaphorical.

4. Is there a scientific explanation for the concept of Hell?

No, as Hell is a religious and spiritual concept, it falls outside the realm of scientific explanation.

5. Can science prove that Hell does not exist?

No, science cannot prove or disprove the existence of Hell as it is a matter of faith and belief, not something that can be tested or observed through the scientific method.