Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
OmCheeto said:
Be sure and wear aluminum foil hats

LOL...I can't think of another forum I would see this on lol.

Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
Be sure and wear aluminum foil hats, as there's also a coronal mass ejection expected to hit today.
TinFoilHatAreaSMALL.jpg

I've just seen 3/4 of "http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/2014/05/measure-for-measure-quantum-physics-and-reality/" (World Science Festival), but I had to stop because I got headaches from it :biggrin:. Making small note to myself: Don't watch programs about interpretations of Quantum Mechanics on hot Saturdays, you will get headaches.

DennisN said:
TinFoilHatAreaSMALL.jpg

Tin Foil Hats Actually Make it Easier for the Government to Track Your Thoughts

In 2005, a group of MIT students, ...tested the effectiveness of foil helmets at blocking various radio frequencies.

The helmets shielded their wearers from radio waves over most of the tested spectrum ... but, surprisingly, amplified certain frequencies: those in the 2.6 Ghz ( allocated for mobile communications and broadcast satellites) and 1.2 Ghz (allocated for aeronautical radionavigation and space-to-Earth and space-to-space satellites) bands.

... MIT guys' ... conclusion -- "the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC" -- maybe goes a few steps too far, their study at least shows that foil helmets fail at, and even counteract, their intended purpose. That, or the students are aliens who fabricated these results in an effort to get you to take your perfectly functional helmet off.
(selective editing and bolding, all mine...)

I will get started immediately, on my own independent research.

ps. I hope dkotschessaa and his wife survived the canoe trip. They seemed like nice people.

Chocolate - Nutrition Facts :!)
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
What I serve myself: "until satisfied"

Vegetables - Nutrition Facts :yuck:
What I serve myself: "1/64 cup"
*fills the rest with chocolate*

Last edited:
Psinter said:
Chocolate - Nutrition Facts :!)
What I serve myself: "until satisfied"

Vegetables - Nutrition Facts :yuck:
What I serve myself: "1/64 cup"
*fills the rest with chocolate*

Awesome

DennisN said:
small note to myself: Don't watch programs about interpretations of Quantum Mechanics [STRIKE]on hot Saturdays[/STRIKE], you will get headaches.

Corrected that for ya.

Borek said:
Corrected that for ya.
:biggrin: Your correction is actually quite true.

I love you Dad. Thanks for everything that you do to help me learn and grow.

I'm a happy father today.

Evidently I had an influence in my daughters life.

She's carrying on the Love ...

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10415608_874094339271666_141360143659391851_n.jpg

Image compliments of https://www.facebook.com/OrientalSportsCenterDenver

Likes 1 person
Liked the picture for you :smile:

Likes 1 person
Very nice dl!

Likes 1 person
dlgoff said:
I'm a happy father today.

Evidently I had an influence in my daughters life.

She's carrying on the Love ...

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10415608_874094339271666_141360143659391851_n.jpg

Image compliments of https://www.facebook.com/OrientalSportsCenterDenver

Ha!

Never had kids of my own. One of my co-workers about a month ago posted a picture of her son in one of those outfits. I didn't quite recognize it, so I accused her mother of; "Weird outfit. Is he wearing a potato sack? (Ask mom) Or is he a 12th level white ninja?"

She politely responded; "It's his karate uniform and he's still a first level ninja"

Her mom, who is probably my age, also responded; "Some flour sacks were pretty prints and mom would make our clothes out of them after the flour was used up."

Anyways, I love this photo. Great set of smiles. :smile:

Likes 1 person
Nice dl. :smile:

Likes 1 person
Evo said:
Be careful, just read the news yesterday, they found the body parts of a man that was snatched out of a boat by a gator.

They really don't bother people much in the waters here, especially when there's a group. (We did this last year too).

..>But it was canceled anyway due to lightning. Instead, we bought a new blu-ray player and watched a movie.

:)

-Dave K

dkotschessaa said:
They really don't bother people much in the waters here, especially when there's a group. (We did this last year too).

..>But it was canceled anyway due to lightning. Instead, we bought a new blu-ray player and watched a movie.

:)

-Dave K
So happy to hear you were not eaten by gators! That man was in a boat with his family. I love how much in love and how fun you and your wife appear to be, I wish you both much happiness!

Evo said:
So happy to hear you were not eaten by gators! That man was in a boat with his family. I love how much in love and how fun you and your wife appear to be, I wish you both much happiness!

We are America's favorite couple. At least that's what I keep telling her.

dkotschessaa said:
we are america's favorite couple. At least that's what i keep telling her.
lol!

Hmmm... me and a lady that stopped found a girl/guy passed out on the side of the road in front of my apartment complex. Turns out they were drunk. And yes, the sex of the individual was questionable. Neither of us could tell from looking at them, but in the picture on their ID, which was in the dirt nearby, they looked like a woman, and next to "Sex" it was marked "M". I'm kind of confused... :confused:

I was telling some people I didn't know very well a made-up story about "Gary Hitler", Adolph's younger brother, who had moved to America and who was (supposedly) a brilliant up-and-coming comedian in the 1930's but had to abandon comedy because of his last name. The listeners took the question so seriously and asked me so many follow-ups (which I also made up), that, together with the fact that I don't know them well, it seemed too awkward for me to confess I made-up the whole thing (which I didn't do). I am trying to see how to come clean with them; I never thought they would take the story seriously. Sadly, this is not the first time this happens to me.

WWGD said:
I am trying to see how to come clean with them; I never thought they would take the story seriously. Sadly, this is not the first time this happens to me.

Dress up as Hitler doing stand up, take a picture, and then show it to them with a message saying, "Gary Hitler: The only known photo."

(jump to 1:12 too see mr Hilter - too bad PF can't handle timestamps in youtube links...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg&t=1m12s

Ah, classic Monty Python... got to love it.

My wife has decided again not to listen to all the naysayers and become a teacher. She is going to finish her certification. She has a masters degree in journalism and years of experience, and now works as a translator. (Cushy job, but she's not passionate about it).

It's not going to be easy and it will probably pay less, but she is going to be so awesome at it. She is a natural born teacher, a big heart, but can still keep order. (Which she sometimes has to do with her husband). She's going to be so great. I'm so excited for her.

Bah humbug - "elf and safety" have prevented a "fun" dog show from holding its frisbee-catching competition, on the grounds that the dogs might jump too high and injure themselves. They can still hold a biscuit-catching competition, but only if the dogs are sitting down.

Sheesh. I know a collie that can't be bothered to catch tennis balls unless they are 4 feet off the ground, otherwise it's too easy! But I suppose some idiot might get their chihuahua beheaded by a badly aimed frisbee.

Not to mention the canine health hazards from eating too many biscuits.

Ah, I wonder if that is where I got the idea from, tho I don't remember watching that particular Monty Python. BTW: do you know Monty Python used to be actual snake catchers... :).

dlgoff said:
The guy is out of his mind IMO.

I think it's great. I love examples of human potential. We can do so many things. We just have to start off gradually and keep at it and work our way up in manageable increments.

dkotschessaa said:
I think it's great. I love examples of human potential. We can do so many things. We just have to start off gradually and keep at it and work our way up in manageable increments.
I've been around long enough to see about half a dozen stories like that. Unfortunately, I usually read their obits within a few years. :frown:

Borg said:
I've been around long enough to see about half a dozen stories like that. Unfortunately, I usually read their obits within a few years. :frown:
Exactly. :approve:

Everybody gets an obit sometime.

(Though I'm going to change my last name to start with a Z. They always seem to go last.)

dkotschessaa said:
Everybody gets an obit sometime.

(Though I'm going to change my last name to start with a Z. They always seem to go last.)
I'm putting my faith for a long life on the phrase that the good die young. If that's true, I should live a very long life. :tongue:

The silly season isn't supposed start till August but it's early this year.

Somebody hacked the UK Labour Party's twitter account and announced a new policy: they are committed to providing everyone in the UK with an owl.

Actually this might be more sensible than some of their real policies. But with a leader called Milliband (which sounds like a small amount of something obscure) - or is it Millipede? - we shouldn't expect too much.

Some of the follow-ups were better than the original, e.g.
We had hoped our compulsory owl guarantee would be a head turning policy, but sadly it's no longer going to take flight.
For more information about the Labour owl policy, contact their press office on 28 28 20.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27926420

Holey moley, I've just seen the most amazing megalarge rainbow I've ever seen - superbright and across the whole sky - with (partly) double rainbows. I just looked outside my window by chance and almost couldn't believe my eyes... I rushed for my camera and took a set of pictures...will prepare them and then post a photo here :smile:. (by now the rainbow is almost gone)