Italy vs France: Who Will Score First?

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary: I wonder if the place will still be there when I get back?P.S. I'm wearing my "I (heart) Zidane" shirt.In summary, Italy and France are facing off in the World Cup final. The outcome is difficult to predict, with both teams having strong chances of winning. Italy's defense is impressive, but France's Zidane could be a game-changer. The match could potentially go to overtime, with a score of 1-1 or 2-1 in favor of Italy. Many are rooting for France, but some believe that Italy will come out on top. The game will take place in Olympiastadion, and will be officiated by Horacio Elizondo.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Is this too fast, Marlon? :biggrin:

OK, so it's Italy vs France.

Who will score first?

Will it be scoreless and go to OT?

Will it be a non-zero tie and go to OT?

Physics news on Phys.org
Barring a PK, France will not score.

Italy to win 1-0 (possibly aet).

It's a very tough call. France has a magnificent defence barrier for Italy to try and break it down. It should be a very entertaining match.

It's personally wrong to guess who's going to win. Both teams have very good chances.

Last edited:
Italy will win, before extra time. 2:1

Italy will turn up for a change, and show the world how excelent they truly are. France will bottle it (Like they almost did against Portugal).

Thats the likely senario, and the one I want :)

BUT ZZ could forget that he is at a pensionable age throw his zimmer frame away and play like a football god again, if this happens France may do it, but the probablity of this is between zero and nill and nill just left town! :D

FORZA ITALIA!

I really hope that France will win but that will depend on how devine ZZ will play. France deserves it more because Italy should not have been in the quarter finals anyhow (faul play and bad refereeing).

But in all honesty, i fear that Italy is indeed going to win the WCup. The two Italians sitting on the desks next to me (actually i sit in between them so you can imagine that we had a lot to talk about, especially because i am a Germany fan. They still tease me with their victory, well that's life no ?) are CONVINCED that Italy will win but they fear Zidane and Ribery.

We'll see, i will be in France when i see the final.

regards
marlon

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7189/frlarge6ny.gif

Come on France!

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see, i will be in France when i see the final.

Want to borrow my italy strip?

J77 said:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7189/frlarge6ny.gif

Come on France!

:approve: :approve: :approve:
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

marlon

For a flem, that's a big step for you Marlon ;) well done

Astronuc said:
Is this too fast, Marlon? :biggrin:
:-p Well, let's just say you won't be too late and your name will always be on the most important thread in this WCup Banter.

:approve:
OK, so it's Italy vs France.

Unfortunately yes

Who will score first?

I don't know, but i DO know who will score the most :-p

Will it be scoreless and go to OT?

Quite likely, depending on the play of Zidane.

Will it be a non-zero tie and go to OT?
Haha, like the final of Euro2000... I hope the result will be the same although the match cannot evolve in the same way as back then.

marlon

Poulet de Bresse!

I also hope the Germans stuff everyones least favourite nation...

All around my city, there are signs saying "Attention Italians: this is a dive-free zone". Someone was slightly bitter about the Socceroo's WC exit. :biggrin:

I'm tipping a 2-1 win for France. Italy's been playing pretty well, but they've had some lucky calls...though with the referees this year, it really is anyone's guess.

Trying to find the funny email I got sent of the Portuguese diving team...

For now, this will do:

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/8672/s51portugal2kc.jpg

lololololol...

I wouldn't have expected either of these teams to make it to the finals.

I'm thinking Zidane goes out in style with a win for France, but I'm not sure how. No one scores on Italy except for Italy. Surely we can't have a WC final decided by an own goal!

I say France wins 2-1.

Italy has a strong defense.

Looking at goals - Italy scored 2 times against Germany in overtime, while France got there only goal from a penalty kick at the goal.

It would seem Italy has a more likely chance of scoring against France - perhaps Italy (2) to France (1) or perhaps Italy over France (1-0).

Maybe whoever scores first will win.

I wonder the game will go to OT?

We'll have to wait.

No comments on Germany-Portugual :frown: ?

I thought it was a great match. Plenty of fun and fluid play on either side. Germany played a great game, and Oliver Kahn showed that even at the end of his carreer he is still a wonderful goal keeper. I've enjoyed the world cup so far, but I can't help but feeling that Germany-Italy should have been the final, not a semi-final. This being said, I will still be rooting for France tomorrow :smile:

Alllez les bleus!

Dimitri Terryn said:
I thought it was a great match. Plenty of fun and fluid play on either side. Germany played a great game, and Oliver Kahn showed that even at the end of his carreer he is still a wonderful goal keeper. I've enjoyed the world cup so far, but I can't help but feeling that Germany-Italy should have been the final, not a semi-final.
I thought you were Flemish, but these comments suggest you may be from Liège?

Who is the fairest, Italy or France? :smile:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060708/1/8nka.html

Kick Off Time: 20:00 (Local time in Germany)
Venue: Olympiastadion
Referee: ELIZONDO Horacio (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/ref/38922_ELIZONDO_Horacio.html)

Last edited:
Yay, not long now! The way the two teams have been playing, it should be real fun watching the final as a neutral.

On an offtopic note, did anyone see the Wimbledon finals? Federer was awesome.

Already 0-1 on a penalty kick by Zidane.

What is this - déjà vu? :smile:

siddharth said:
On an offtopic note, did anyone see the Wimbledon finals? Federer was awesome.
I think Nadal just showed up late. He really started playing only in the second set...but back to Futbol!

I'm off to watch the game at the local Buffalo Wild Wings big screen. I expect to run into the regular French and Italian "gangs" there.

Astronuc said:
Already 0-1 on a penalty kick by Zidane.

What is this - déjà vu? :smile:

Definetly Zizou vs Italy Game :smile:

Goal ITALIA!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Goal ITALIA!

The game keeps on gettin interesting!, stupid corner shoot :rolleyes:

Italy comes back to even the score!

Materrazi (23) @ 19 minutes.

Wow, Italy look deadly from the corner! The penalty looked like a dive to me. Very unfair! Yet, only Zidane would have the guts (and genius) to take a penalty like that in a world cup finals, and score.

Last edited:
France seems more in control during the second half.

Goal Italy!

EDIT: Damn. No good.

62' - Close!

Offsides cost Italy the goal.

Extra Time! France completely dominated the second half.

OT!

But France has controlled the ball in the second half.

Ribery has been busy, and Zidane and Henry have maintained a strong attack on the left side.

Time for Italy to take out the trash.

Close! Ribery almost had it!