I’ve just accepted that I’m a C student at this point

• Testing
  • Thread starter Pipsqueakalchemist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point Student
In summary, the individual has been struggling to improve their grades despite studying and working hard. They have received disappointing marks and are considering lowering their expectations for themselves. The conversation ends with a suggestion to consider pursuing a trade instead of continuing to struggle in university.
Pipsqueakalchemist
I just have to accept at this point I’m a C student. Because no matter how much I grind or study I still do bad. Last semester I did terrible on all my test despite only taking 3 courses. Told myself I would do better from no on. Cut to now in the spring semester, and the same stuff is happening even tho I work hard and study. Just got a physics mark back and I thought I aced the test, but nope I forgot I’m mentally challenged and got a 60%. Honestly I’m going to have to lower my expectation for myself bc I’m tired of going through this disappointment every test.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pipsqeakalchemist
Have you always been studying each of your courses for the FIRST TIME? I could suggest two things:
  • Evaluate your own work on your tests and quizzes and analyze what you needed to do to avoid mistakes and to properly identify and apply properties or concepts.
  • Study any topic, chapter, chapter section, and whole courses BEFORE you study as enrolled in/ or topic occurs during the instruction sequencing. Maybe upon second (or third) exposure you may perform/learn better.

As was said on a previous thread, drama is not your friend.

Thread closed temporarily pending Mentor review...

Vanadium 50 said:
As was said on a previous thread, drama is not your friend.

Yes.

@Pipsqueakalchemist -- You've posted about this several times before, and we have helped all that we can. Please also consider perhaps learning a trade like electrician or plumber or welder instead of continuing to experience so much difficulty at university. Working in the trades is honorable work and pays pretty well, especially if you work your way up to the General Contractor level and start managing others.

This thread will stay closed.

Last edited:
Likes Vanadium 50

1. Why should I accept being a C student?

Accepting that you are a C student does not mean you are settling for mediocrity. It simply means acknowledging your current academic standing and understanding that there is always room for improvement. It can also help alleviate unnecessary stress and pressure to constantly strive for perfection.

2. Will accepting being a C student affect my future?

Being a C student does not define your future success. Many successful individuals have started as C students and have gone on to achieve great things. It is important to focus on your strengths and work hard towards your goals, rather than being defined by a letter grade.

3. How can I improve my grades if I am a C student?

Improving your grades requires dedication and hard work. Start by identifying your weaknesses and seeking help from teachers or tutors. Develop good study habits and time management skills. It is also important to stay motivated and set achievable goals for yourself.

4. Will colleges and employers look down on me for being a C student?

Colleges and employers consider many factors beyond just grades. They also look at extracurricular activities, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. Additionally, as mentioned before, being a C student does not define your potential for success. Focus on showcasing your strengths and unique qualities.

5. How can I change my mindset about being a C student?

Changing your mindset starts with accepting and embracing your current academic standing. Instead of dwelling on your grades, focus on your personal growth and the effort you put into your studies. Remember that grades do not define your intelligence or worth as a person. Practice positive self-talk and surround yourself with supportive and encouraging individuals.