Jobs websites for theoretical/computational physics

In summary, jobs websites for theoretical/computational physics are online platforms that connect employers and job seekers in this field. To find jobs in this field, one can search on job websites, network, and attend relevant conferences and workshops. Various types of jobs are available, including research positions, data analysts, software developers, and academic teaching positions. Most jobs require a graduate degree in physics or a related field, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in programming languages. However, a background in a different field, such as mathematics or computer science, may also be considered by employers.
sjabari
I am looking to post a couple of job openings (in engineering) that would be well suited for people with doctoral degrees in theoretical/computational physics. Which websites (or professional societies) are most likely to get the most hits? It is ok if these sites charge for posting job openings.

Physics news on Phys.org
Craigslist? :smile:

American Physical Society, American Institute of Physics, Monster.com, indeed.com, jobs.com

I've looked at all of them looking for a job myself.

Likes sjabari and berkeman

What are jobs websites for theoretical/computational physics?

Jobs websites for theoretical/computational physics are online platforms that connect employers and job seekers in the field of theoretical and computational physics. These websites provide a centralized location for job postings, resume submissions, and other resources related to finding employment in this field.

How do I find jobs in theoretical/computational physics?

There are several ways to find jobs in theoretical/computational physics, including searching on job websites specifically for this field, networking with professionals in the industry, and checking with academic institutions or research labs. Additionally, attending conferences and workshops related to this field can also provide opportunities for job prospects.

What types of jobs are available in theoretical/computational physics?

There are a variety of jobs available in theoretical/computational physics, including research positions at universities or research labs, data analysts in industries such as finance and technology, software developers for scientific software, and academic teaching positions.

Are there any specific qualifications or skills required for jobs in theoretical/computational physics?

Most jobs in theoretical/computational physics require at least a graduate degree in physics, mathematics, or a related field. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as proficiency in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, or C++, are also important for these positions. Additionally, experience with computational methods and simulations is often preferred.

Can I apply for jobs in theoretical/computational physics if I have a background in a different field?

While a background in physics or a related field is typically preferred for jobs in theoretical/computational physics, it is not always necessary. Many employers value interdisciplinary skills and may be open to candidates with a strong background in mathematics, computer science, or engineering. It is important to highlight any relevant coursework or experience in these areas when applying for jobs in this field.