Join the cisco courses so i can get a certification

In summary: I think you should study networking and communication together so that you have a better understanding of networking and IP technology. This will give you a better foundation for a career in IT. You can also study other related topics if you are interested in doing so.
moe_3_moe
hi i am planning to join the cisco courses so i can get a certification as soon as i can...i am currently studying electrical engineering and i finished my 200 courses ..so my question is can i get a permanent job after getting my cisco certification until i graduate ... and what kind of job...thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
I believe that the Cisco classes certify you to be an installer of their routers and other equipment. I would think that you could get a technician-level job with the Cisco certification. In the info for their classes, Cisco must give some indication of what companies would be potential employers -- can you contact them to see if they are hiring? Check their websites under the "Employment" pages to see what jobs they have open at the moment.

Cisco certifications are nice to have if you plan to work in IT. Since CISCO is the most widely used routers, switches, etc.. for data and IP networks, they are well worth the effort to get. Employers are willing to pay more if you are certified, if they need someone certified. A lot of small companies can't afford CISCO certified techs on their payroll and will hire a tech on an "as needed" basis from a company that outsources. Depending on what you want to do, there are different certifications.

it is a good point but i was thinking to get any certification in networking becasue i am going to study communication in electrical engineering ... so i was thinking to work while i am studying instead of working in some restaurants and like that anyway... i have no school now till january so i have time to study it ... so do you think i can have a certification in about 6 months and use this certification to work while i study ... and adding that networking is a good major in communication...

moe_3_moe said:
it is a good point but i was thinking to get any certification in networking becasue i am going to study communication in electrical engineering ... so i was thinking to work while i am studying instead of working in some restaurants and like that anyway... i have no school now till january so i have time to study it ... so do you think i can have a certification in about 6 months and use this certification to work while i study ... and adding that networking is a good major in communication...
Do you have any experience in IT?

Here is the link to CISCO's certification site. When I did my certification there were only certain times you could take the tests.

You really need to understand what you want to achieve and take the correct certification, these also are not free. Six months is not unreasonable for the simpler certifications if you are a fast learner and have enough time to devote to it.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

ok i got the point ...what do you recommend? my point is that i want to study something in this free time that i can use in january while i study and make money of just permanently.

Related to Join the cisco courses so i can get a certification

What are the benefits of joining Cisco courses?

Joining Cisco courses can provide you with valuable knowledge and skills in the field of networking, which is in high demand in the job market. It can also lead to a Cisco certification, which is globally recognized and can enhance your career opportunities and earning potential.

What types of courses are offered by Cisco?

Cisco offers a wide range of courses, including networking fundamentals, routing and switching, security, wireless, and collaboration. They also have specialized courses for different levels of expertise, such as entry-level, associate, professional, and expert.

How long does it take to complete a Cisco course?

The duration of a Cisco course depends on the specific course and level you choose. Some courses can be completed in a few weeks, while others may take several months. However, with self-paced online courses, you have the flexibility to complete the course at your own pace.

What is the format of Cisco courses?

Cisco courses are available in various formats, such as instructor-led in-person classes, live virtual classes, and self-paced online courses. They also offer hands-on labs and simulations to provide practical experience and enhance learning.

Do I need any prerequisites to join Cisco courses for certification?

Some Cisco courses may require certain prerequisites, such as basic networking knowledge or previous Cisco certifications. However, there are also courses available for beginners with no prior experience. It is recommended to check the prerequisites before enrolling in a course.