LaTeX Font Change in Section Title

In summary, the individual is seeking a way to have a section title with "Func1" in typewriter font to indicate programming code. They have tried using the verbatim and verb commands, but they do not work. They have discovered that the correct command is \texttt{}, and thank the other person for their help.
thegreenlaser
I want to have a section title to the effect of "Pseudocode for the Func1 Function," but I would like "Func1" to be in typewriter font to indicate that I'm referencing programming code. Is there any good way to do this? The verbatim and verb commands don't seem to work.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Code:
\textt{}

It seems that
Code:
\texttt{}
is actually the correct command that doesn't give errors, but yes, that works. Thanks!

You can do
Code:
Pseudocode for the {\tt Func1} Function
If ttyping the righttt number of t's is a problem :smile:

thegreenlaser said:
It seems that
Code:
\texttt{}
is actually the correct command that doesn't give errors, but yes, that works. Thanks!

Oops...that's what auto-complete of TeX statements get you. Sorry about that.

1. How can I change the font size of a section title in LaTeX?

The font size of a section title in LaTeX can be changed by using the command \section{\fontsize{size}{baselineskip}\selectfont Section Title}. This command allows you to specify the desired size and baselineskip of the font in the section title.

2. Can I change the font style of a section title in LaTeX?

Yes, you can change the font style of a section title in LaTeX by using the \textit{} or \textbf{} commands to make the title italicized or bold, respectively. Alternatively, you can also use the \emph{} command to emphasize the title in the default font style.

3. How do I change the font family of a section title in LaTeX?

The font family of a section title in LaTeX can be changed by using the \usepackage{fontspec} package and the \setmainfont{} command. This allows you to choose from different font families such as Arial, Times New Roman, or Helvetica for your section titles.

4. Can I change the font color of a section title in LaTeX?

Yes, you can change the font color of a section title in LaTeX by using the \usepackage{xcolor} package and the \textcolor{color}{} command. This allows you to choose from a wide range of colors for your section titles.

5. How can I change the font size, style, family, and color of a section title at the same time in LaTeX?

To change the font size, style, family, and color of a section title at the same time in LaTeX, you can use the \section{\fontsize{size}{baselineskip}{\fontfamily{font}\selectfont\textcolor{color}{Section Title}}} command. This will allow you to customize all the aspects of the font in your section title simultaneously.