Can anyone identify this integral font?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a specific font used in an integral and asking for help in finding it. The font is identified as Times New Roman and the conversation also mentions different packages that can be used to achieve the desired integral sign. The eulervm package is recommended as a solution.
David Barton
Hello!
Desperately looking for an answer to this. While it's not really a physics or maths question, I don't really know where else to ask, so I reasoned here was as good as anywhere - please excuse me if I'm asking in the wrong place.
Does anyone recognise the font used in this integral?
64873ab809037eed58278a8ac8e79717.png

I'd like to download it and use it for myself, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there a .ttf (or equivalent) for it? (I'm not yet a proficient Latex user, so I'd struggle with getting fonts working though that.) I much prefer this style of integral sign to the slanted ones used in Computer Modern and Cambria Math.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like Times New Roman

They used italics for the x's

Likes David Barton
That indeed looks like Times. Try \usepackage{pslatex}.

Last edited:
DrClaude said:
That indeed looks like Times. Try \usepackage{pslatex}.
Actually, that will not give you the integral sign you want:

image-497.jpg

Here are some packages that may give you what you want:
\usepackage[varg]{txfonts}
image-501.jpg

\usepackage{euler}
image-498.jpg
\usepackage{eulervm}
image-499.jpg

\usepackage{pxfonts}
image-500.jpg

Likes David Barton
Thanks very much, magoo and DrClaude! The eulervm package works a treat!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have to say it: You guys are a font of knowledge!

Likes DrClaude and David Barton

1. What is the best way to identify a font?

The best way to identify a font is to use a font identification tool, such as WhatTheFont or Identifont. These tools allow you to upload an image of the font or input specific characteristics of the font, such as the shape of the letters or the serif style, to generate possible matches.

2. Can I identify a font by its name or designer?

If you already know the name or designer of the font, you can easily find information about it by searching online. Many font foundries and designers have their own websites where they showcase their fonts and provide details about them. You can also search for the font on a database, such as MyFonts or Font Squirrel, to find more information about it.

3. How can I distinguish between similar fonts?

To distinguish between similar fonts, you can compare the specific characteristics of each font, such as the shape of the letters, the thickness of the lines, or the presence of serifs. You can also use a font comparison tool, such as FontPair or FontJoy, to see how different fonts look when paired together.

4. Is there a way to identify a font without using a tool?

Yes, there are some techniques you can use to identify a font without using a tool. These include examining the font closely to identify unique characteristics, searching for identifying marks or logos within the font, and comparing the font to known font families to narrow down the possibilities.

5. Can I identify a font from a low-quality or distorted image?

It may be more challenging to identify a font from a low-quality or distorted image, but it is still possible. You can try using a font identification tool that allows you to input specific characteristics, or use image editing software to enhance the quality of the image before using a tool or comparing it to other fonts.