Laws for goods delivery around the world?

• Thread starter counlin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laws
In summary, the speaker is researching Delivery of Goods and Laws related to it in Brazil and is looking for comparisons with laws around the world. Specifically, they are interested in laws regarding time windows for delivery, as their work is related to this topic. They mention that in their city in Brazil, there is a proposed law that would require companies to deliver goods within 2 hours of the agreed upon time or face a fine. They ask if there are similar laws in other countries, but have only found laws regarding maximum delivery time of 30 days in Europe. Lastly, they mention that in the United States, there are no laws governing delivery times and that most/all deliveries are done during normal working hours.
counlin
Hello,
So, I'm posting this question here because I can't think of a better place, and also here there are people from all over the globe.

The thing is, I'm doing some research on Delivery of Goods and Laws related in Brazil. But, to have some base, I want to make some comparisons with laws around the world (not for every country, of course, but some). Ok, but what I want exactly?

My work is related to the Time Windows of a Delivery. That is, if I make an agreement with a company to get the delivery done between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM on day X, they should deliver it between this hours and on day X.
In my city here in Brazil, a law is being voted so that to say companies can have a maximum time of 2 hours to deliver a good, from the time agreed with the client. Otherwise, the company has to pay a certain fine to the client whose delivery was delayed.

I want to know, are there any laws covering such situations in your country? Anything regarding time windows for delivery.

All I could find was laws about a maximum time of 30 days to deliver in Europe, but I need something on the hours scale, not days.

Thanks in advance,

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as I am aware there are no laws at all governing delivery times in the United States. The post office has an overnight service and a 2-day service (and I think all the large commercial carriers have these as well) but there is no law saying that they have to meet those "guarantees" and there is certainly nothing about delivering at any particular time (although most/all deliveries are done during "normal working hours", not in the middle of the night).

1. What is the purpose of laws for goods delivery around the world?

Laws for goods delivery around the world serve to regulate and standardize the transportation of goods across international borders. These laws aim to ensure fair and efficient trade practices, protect the rights of buyers and sellers, and maintain the safety and security of goods during transit.

2. What are some common types of laws for goods delivery around the world?

Some common types of laws for goods delivery around the world include import/export regulations, customs duties and taxes, packaging and labeling requirements, and product safety and quality standards. These laws may vary depending on the country or region and the type of goods being transported.

3. Who is responsible for enforcing laws for goods delivery around the world?

The responsibility for enforcing laws for goods delivery around the world typically falls on government agencies, such as customs and border protection authorities. These agencies may conduct inspections, impose fines or penalties for non-compliance, and work with other countries to ensure adherence to international trade agreements.

4. How do laws for goods delivery around the world impact businesses and consumers?

Laws for goods delivery around the world can have a significant impact on businesses and consumers. By regulating the transportation of goods, these laws can affect the availability, price, and quality of products in different markets. They can also impact the cost and efficiency of international trade, which can ultimately affect the global economy.

5. How are laws for goods delivery around the world created and updated?

Laws for goods delivery around the world are typically created and updated through a combination of national and international processes. This may involve collaboration between governments, industry organizations, and other stakeholders to develop and implement trade agreements, standards, and regulations. These laws may also be reviewed and amended periodically to reflect changes in the global market and emerging technologies.