Logic Order of All Physics- Help

In summary, learning everything in physics is impossible, but you can self-teach yourself by starting with the basics, such as calculus-based classical mechanics and electrodynamics. However, it is rare for someone to learn physics without a formal education and the guidance of a professor. Most successful physicists have completed a minimum of undergraduate courses in topics such as special relativity, quantum mechanics, and statistical mechanics. It is recommended to have a strong understanding of calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra before attempting advanced topics in physics.
T.O.E Dream
Can someone tell me what order someone should learn physics until they can say that they totally know physics (please don't write something like you can never learn everything in physics)

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
you can never learn everything in physics

Learning everything is indeed impossible, but if you want to self-teach yourself some physics, starting with the real basics, I shall recommend:

http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/theorist.html

I'll start off by saying that it's very rare for someone to be able to learn physics in a vacuum. Yes, it's possible, and people like Issac Newton are examples. But such people are exceptional cases, and even most of the famous physicists studied formally (in thinking of examples, Newton was the only one that came to mind, and even he had a Bachelors degree when he formulated his laws of mechanics). When you don't have a professor and the stress of grades pressuring you to study for exams and do homework, it usually just doesn't work out. But hey, maybe you're that exceptional case, so I'll just list off the order of coursework that most physics programs take you through.

Basic, calculus based classical mechanics
Basic, calculus based electrodynamics
Optics, wave mechanics, basic thermodynamics, and special relativity
(By this point you'd better have picked up vector calculus and differential equations)
Basic quantum mechanics
Advanced mechanics
Advanced electrodynamics
Advanced quantum mechanics (you'll likely need some linear algebra before this one)
Statistical mechanics

This is the absolute minimum usually required for an undergraduate degree in physics. I'd say that if you can master this material (which almost always comes by going to college and taking the courses), then you're in a position such that you can pick up textbooks or papers and start learning on your own. And even then it's hard. Maybe it's just my learning style, but even in graduate school I've learned a lot just by going to class and doing my homework.

Related to Logic Order of All Physics- Help

1. What is the logic order of all physics?

The logic order of all physics refers to the systematic and logical organization of the fundamental principles and laws that govern the behavior of matter and energy in the universe. This includes concepts such as motion, forces, energy, and electromagnetism.

2. Why is understanding the logic order of all physics important?

Understanding the logic order of all physics is crucial for scientists as it allows them to make predictions and explain phenomena in the natural world. It also forms the basis for technological advancements and innovations.

3. How is the logic order of all physics determined?

The logic order of all physics is determined through the scientific method, which involves observation, experimentation, and the formulation of theories and laws based on the collected data. It is constantly evolving as new discoveries and advancements are made.

4. Are there any gaps or inconsistencies in the logic order of all physics?

Yes, there are still many unanswered questions and inconsistencies in our understanding of the logic order of all physics. This is why scientific research and experimentation are ongoing to further refine and expand our knowledge.

5. How can I learn more about the logic order of all physics?

There are various resources available, such as textbooks, online lectures, and scientific journals, that can provide a deeper understanding of the logic order of all physics. One can also pursue a degree in physics or a related field to gain a comprehensive understanding.