Looking for a good text book on QCD

In summary, QCD stands for Quantum Chromodynamics and it is a theory in physics that explains the strong nuclear force. It is important in science because it helps us understand the structure of matter and particle interactions. A good QCD textbook should provide a clear explanation of the theory, including its historical development and current applications, along with relevant mathematical equations and diagrams. Recommended textbooks for learning QCD include "Quantum Chromodynamics" by Walter Greiner and Berndt Mueller, "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory" by Michael Peskin and Daniel Schroeder, and "Field Theory: A Modern Primer" by Pierre Ramond. Prior knowledge of quantum mechanics is necessary to fully understand QCD, including concepts such as wave-particle duality and
Chenkb
Hi, everyone,
I am now looking for a good textbook on QCD.
I am especially want to learn the derivation of DGLAP evolution equations.
So, it will be better if the book contains the detailed derivation of evolution equations step by step for all the diagrams using Feynman rules.
I looked through the book by Walter Greiner. Are there any better books to recommend?
Best regards!

Physics news on Phys.org
T. Muta, Foundations of Quantum Chromodynamics, World Scientific
F. J. Yndurain, The Theory of Quark and Gluon Interactions, Springer

1. What is QCD and why is it important in science?

QCD stands for Quantum Chromodynamics and it is a theory in physics that explains the strong nuclear force, one of the four fundamental forces of nature. QCD is important because it helps us understand the structure of matter and how particles interact with each other.

2. What makes a good text book on QCD?

A good text book on QCD should provide a clear and concise explanation of the theory, including its historical development and current applications. It should also include relevant mathematical equations and diagrams to aid in understanding. Additionally, the book should have practice problems and solutions to help solidify understanding of the material.

3. Are there any recommended textbooks for learning QCD?

Yes, some recommended textbooks for learning QCD include "Quantum Chromodynamics" by Walter Greiner and Berndt Mueller, "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory" by Michael Peskin and Daniel Schroeder, and "Field Theory: A Modern Primer" by Pierre Ramond.

4. Is prior knowledge of quantum mechanics required to understand QCD?

Yes, a basic understanding of quantum mechanics is necessary to fully understand QCD. This includes knowledge of concepts such as wave-particle duality, uncertainty principle, and quantum states.

5. How can I use a QCD textbook to further my research in the field?

A QCD textbook can be used as a reference for understanding the fundamentals of the theory and its applications. It can also serve as a starting point for further research by providing a list of additional resources and references. Additionally, some textbooks may include problems or exercises related to current research topics in QCD.