Looking for a manufacturer to build a custom compound bow for me

In summary, I am currently seeking a manufacturer to create a custom compound bow to fit my specific needs. This specialized piece of equipment will require a skilled and experienced manufacturer who can ensure that it meets all of my specifications and provides the highest level of performance. Finding the right manufacturer will be crucial in producing a high-quality and personalized compound bow.
kingofjong
TL;DR Summary
build product
Hello

I am looking for a manufacturer or mechanic that can build my custom compound bow. It doesn't have to be a big business. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes I am not looking for traditional or recurve bows. I am looking for compound bow which have cam and are very mechanical.

kingofjong said:
Yes I am not looking for traditional or recurve bows. I am looking for compound bow which have cam and are very mechanical.
And it does not occur to you to try "custom compound bow" as a search term? Really?

I tried contacting the big manufacturers but they just do custom coloring. I have design for a new bow that needs to be made from scratch. By scratch I mean metal and plastic working because compound bows are metal and plastic. It doesn't have to be a bowyer. It can be some one or company who is experienced with metal and plastic working. They should have a portfolio to show.

This archery website looks promising. The OP can drill down to find a fletcher or bowyer who will produce a one-off design.

https://thearcheryexpert.com/archery-manufacturers/

I have used Martin and Bear made compound bows for target archery back in college. For custom items, I would ask at local archery ranges for suggestions.

Likes berkeman
Do you want to make one bow, or thousands?

If you go to a professional shop, expect to provide them with professional engineering specifications. Also be ready for a project cost up to $100K.

You may do very much better by interesting an amateur hobbyist bowyer to build a single bow using your ideas.

Likes russ_watters
kingofjong said:
I tried contacting the big manufacturers but they just do custom coloring. I have design for a new bow that needs to be made from scratch. By scratch I mean metal and plastic working because compound bows are metal and plastic. It doesn't have to be a bowyer. It can be some one or company who is experienced with metal and plastic working. They should have a portfolio to show.
You might look into the "Makers" movement for resources that you can use. There are many very talented Makers all over the US and in other countries, and you may be able to find a way to make contact with your local Makers who have the resources to fabricate your bow to your specifications (and maybe even help you to do your engineering drawings and improve your design). There used to be Maker Fairs all over the US before the Pandemic, and hopefully they happen again this coming year as we ease out of the Pandemic.

Here is a place to start: https://makezine.com/

anorlunda said:
If you go to a professional shop, expect to provide them with professional engineering specifications. Also be ready for a project cost up to $100K.

You may do very much better by interesting an amateur hobbyist bowyer to build a single bow using your ideas.
Yeah, I have my doubts about this pursuit. A compound bow is relatively simple in theory. It's a recurve with [offcenter] pulleys at the ends. Pulleys are easy to make, and if you just wanted to mess around with different "gearing" that would be easy. But making, from scratch, the "bow" part with a custom specification could be exceptionally difficult depending on what that specification is.

kingofjong said:
TL;DR Summary: build product

Hello

I am looking for a manufacturer or mechanic that can build my custom compound bow. It doesn't have to be a big business. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
How are you getting on with your custom bow project?

1. What factors should I consider when looking for a manufacturer to build a custom compound bow?

When looking for a manufacturer to build a custom compound bow, there are several factors to consider. First, you should research the manufacturer's reputation and experience in building compound bows. You should also consider their production capabilities, as well as their ability to customize the bow to your specific needs and preferences. Additionally, you should inquire about their materials and manufacturing processes to ensure they meet your standards for quality and durability.

2. How long does it typically take for a manufacturer to build a custom compound bow?

The timeline for building a custom compound bow can vary depending on the manufacturer's production schedule and the complexity of your specific design. On average, it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks for a manufacturer to complete a custom bow. It's important to communicate your timeline expectations with the manufacturer and confirm their ability to meet your deadline before committing to the project.

3. Can I provide my own design for the custom compound bow?

Yes, many manufacturers are open to working with your own design for a custom compound bow. However, it's important to discuss this with the manufacturer beforehand to ensure they have the capabilities and resources to bring your design to life. They may also have suggestions or modifications to improve the functionality or performance of your design.

4. How much does it typically cost to have a manufacturer build a custom compound bow?

The cost of a custom compound bow can vary greatly depending on the manufacturer, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1500 for a custom bow. It's important to discuss your budget and pricing expectations with the manufacturer before starting the project to avoid any surprises.

5. What kind of warranty or guarantee do manufacturers offer for custom compound bows?

Warranties and guarantees for custom compound bows can vary among manufacturers. It's important to inquire about their policies before committing to the project. Some manufacturers may offer a limited warranty for defects in materials or workmanship, while others may offer a satisfaction guarantee. It's important to clarify these details with the manufacturer and ensure you understand the terms and conditions of their warranty or guarantee.