Looking for a reliable screen recorder for Mac? Any recommendations?

• Thread starter MichaelBack12
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac Screen
In summary, for a simple and reliable screen recorder for Mac that allows for easy transfer to a phone for watching, the recommended option is OBS studio. This program is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux and offers customizable settings for reducing noise, selecting input devices, and adjusting output quality. However, it should be noted that file sizes may be large, with approximately 10 GB for a one-hour video.
MichaelBack12
Any recommendations for a simple, reliable screen recorder for Mac. All I want to do is record some streaming lectures. I like transferring to my phone to watch again. QuickTime isn’t great. No easy timer.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use OBS studio. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. There are settings that will allow you to reduce noise from your microphones, choose the input device, output quality, and so on. When I used to record online lectures, my settings produced near-HD videos, but file size was about ~10 GB for 1-hour videos.

Likes MichaelBack12 and pbuk
Wrichik Basu said:
I use OBS studio.
Me too (on Windows and Linux, I don't have a Mac).

Wrichik Basu said:
I use OBS studio. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. There are settings that will allow you to reduce noise from your microphones, choose the input device, output quality, and so on. When I used to record online lectures, my settings produced near-HD videos, but file size was about ~10 GB for 1-hour videos.

This looks great. Thanks.

Likes Wrichik Basu

What are the most important features to consider when looking for a screen recorder for Mac?

The most important features to consider when looking for a screen recorder for Mac are compatibility with Mac operating systems, user-friendly interface, recording quality, editing capabilities, and price.

Are there any free screen recording options available for Mac?

Yes, there are several free screen recording options available for Mac such as QuickTime, OBS Studio, and Monosnap. However, these may have limited features and may not be as reliable as paid options.

What are some recommended paid screen recording applications for Mac?

Some recommended paid screen recording applications for Mac include Screenflow, Camtasia, and Capto. These applications offer a wide range of features and are known for their reliability and user-friendly interface.

Is it necessary to have a powerful computer to use a screen recorder on Mac?

No, it is not necessary to have a powerful computer to use a screen recorder on Mac. However, having a faster processor and more RAM can improve the recording and editing process.

Can screen recording applications be used for both video and audio recording?

Yes, most screen recording applications have the capability to record both video and audio. However, some may require additional plugins or settings to be enabled for audio recording.