Low temperature around body's extremities

In summary: We should avoid discussing the "cause" of anyone specific person's aliments as that can be taken by some as a diagnosis. And needless to say, could be rather stressful for a individual if they then believe that "there is something wrong". As you post suggests there could be. If Jackson wants specific answers for himself, he would be most wise to ask his/her doctor the next time they are in for a visit and not place unnecessary concern on thrown out suggestions they've received online. :wink:
jackson6612
Hi

Please remember that I'm not asking you for a diagnosis.

My hands and feet are generally at low temperature than the overall temperature even when I'm wearing gloves or socks, or when in bed. Otherwise, I'm a healthy person. What could be the reason for this? Does genetics have anything to do with it? Please let me know.

Biology news on Phys.org
jackson6612 said:
Hi

Please remember that I'm not asking you for a diagnosis.

My hands and feet are generally at low temperature than the overall temperature even when I'm wearing gloves or socks, or when in bed. Otherwise, I'm a healthy person. What could be the reason for this? Does genetics have anything to do with it? Please let me know.

There is lots of temperature variation within the body, the extremities specifically. Which can be a few degrees colder than core temperature.

Certainly, in some people because of morphological variation, this can a greater difference than in others.

bobze said:
There is lots of temperature variation within the body, the extremities specifically. Which can be a few degrees colder than core temperature.

Certainly, in some people because of morphological variation, this can a greater difference than in others.

Hi Bobze

What are these 'morphological variations'? Aren't all humans morphologically more or less similar?

My feet and hands are quite at less temperature and anyone touching could feel it.

Best wishes
Jackson

jackson6612 said:
Hi Bobze

What are these 'morphological variations'? Aren't all humans morphologically more or less similar?

My feet and hands are quite at less temperature and anyone touching could feel it.

Best wishes
Jackson

No, look inside a cadaver sometime :tongue2: You have variations of vasculature, variations of muscle mass, variations of fat deposits, types of fat, rate of blood flow, etc all affecting thermal regulation in our bodies.

jackson6612 said:
Aren't all humans morphologically more or less similar?

More or less, yes.

Do you look exactly like Obama? Or Johny Depp? Or only more or less? If you don't look exactly like them, why do you expect to be identical in every inch?

Thanks a lot, Bobze. Perhaps, it has something to do with fat deposit layer there in my hands and feet. I trust you, so no need to look inside a cadaver!:smile:

Borek said:
More or less, yes.

Do you look exactly like Obama? Or Johny Depp? Or only more or less? If you don't look exactly like them, why do you expect to be identical in every inch?

Hi Borek

No, I don't look like them, not in the least bit. But they do say I look like the young Indiana Jones, more or less!:smile:

Best wishes
Jackson

Make sure you've been checked out for circulatory problems and diabetes...

RocketSci5KN said:
Make sure you've been checked out for circulatory problems and diabetes...

We should avoid discussing the "cause" of anyone specific person's aliments as that can be taken by some as a diagnosis. And needless to say, could be rather stressful for a individual if they then believe that "there is something wrong". As you post suggests there could be.

If Jackson wants specific answers for himself, he would be most wise to ask his/her doctor the next time they are in for a visit and not place unnecessary concern on thrown out suggestions they've received online. :wink:

1. What causes low temperature in the body's extremities?

The most common cause of low temperature in the body's extremities is poor circulation. This means that blood is not adequately flowing to the hands, feet, fingers, and toes, leading to a decrease in temperature in these areas. Other possible causes include exposure to cold temperatures, certain medical conditions, and certain medications.

2. How can low temperature in the body's extremities be prevented?

To prevent low temperature in the body's extremities, it is important to maintain good circulation. This can be achieved through regular exercise, avoiding smoking, and managing any underlying medical conditions that may affect circulation. It is also important to dress warmly and protect the extremities from cold temperatures.

3. What are the symptoms of low temperature in the body's extremities?

The most common symptom of low temperature in the body's extremities is coldness or numbness in the hands, feet, fingers, or toes. Other symptoms may include pale or blue skin, tingling or burning sensations, and difficulty moving or using the extremities.

4. When should I seek medical attention for low temperature in the body's extremities?

If you experience persistent or severe coldness or numbness in your extremities, it is important to seek medical attention. This could be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, such as peripheral artery disease or nerve damage. Additionally, if you have a chronic condition or are taking medications that may affect circulation, it is important to discuss with your doctor if you experience changes in temperature in your extremities.

5. Can low temperature in the body's extremities lead to any complications?

In some cases, low temperature in the body's extremities can lead to complications such as frostbite or tissue damage. It can also be a symptom of underlying conditions that may have serious consequences if left untreated. It is important to address any changes in temperature in your extremities and seek medical attention if necessary.