Math past Associate's degree courses?

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's background in mathematics and physics, as well as their interest in pursuing further studies in Quantum Field Theory. They mention taking advanced courses in probability theory and undergraduate research in Quantum Field Theory. They then list a variety of math courses they can take and ask for recommendations. The conversation ends with a suggestion to take Complex Analysis and Intro to Numerical Analysis, with the speaker also mentioning the value of Complex Analysis in their own experience as a graduate student in physics.
Destroxia
So I've finished all the basic math courses you usually hear about in college (E.g. Single & Multivariate Calculus, Linear Algebra, Diff. Eq.). My majors are in Mathematics, and Physics. I'm doing undergraduate research with a professor at my school in Quantum Field Theory. Since I have finished these courses, I'm not too sure what else to do to prepare for further adventure into Quantum Field Theory. I've also taken extra credit courses in which I did things like probability theory already. I don't know much about the math courses beyond these well-known courses. The courses I can take are as follows:

Intro to Analytics
Intro to Probability Theory
Intro to Math Stat
Stochastic Modeling
Theoretical Mechanics
Complex Analysis
Foundations of Geometry
Basic Abstract Algebra
Linear Algebra (not sure if this is extended linear algebra, as I already took it?)
Algebraic Geometry
Matrix Algebra
Numerical Computations
Intro to Numerical Analysis
Factorization and Primality Testing
Linear Programs
Graph Theory
Math Theory of Games

I apologize for listing so many courses, but I'm just not sure what any of these are, or if they will help me with Quantum Field Theory. Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Complex Analysis and Intro to Numerical Analysis.

I "third" Complex Analysis. When I was in grad school (physics), it was the one extra math course I wish I had been able to take as an undergrad. I actually double-majored in physics and math, but didn't take complex variables / complex analysis, because my small college either didn't offer it at all, or didn't happen to offer it while I was able to take it. (This was more than 40 years ago.)

I did take complex variables as a grad student, as one of my two non-physics "cognate courses."

Related to Math past Associate's degree courses?

1. What math courses are typically required for an Associate's degree in science?

Most associate's degree programs in science require students to take basic math courses such as College Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus. Some programs may also have specific requirements for courses in Statistics, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.

2. Are there any math prerequisites for science courses in an Associate's degree program?

It depends on the specific program, but generally, there are no math prerequisites for science courses in an Associate's degree program. However, having a strong foundation in math can greatly benefit students in science courses.

3. How much math is involved in science courses at the Associate's degree level?

The amount of math involved in science courses at the Associate's degree level can vary greatly depending on the specific program and courses chosen. However, most science courses will require some level of mathematical understanding, as many scientific concepts and theories are based on mathematical principles.

4. Are there any resources or support available for students struggling with math in science courses?

Yes, most schools have tutoring services or math labs available for students who are struggling with math in science courses. Additionally, professors and teaching assistants are often available for extra help during office hours.

5. Can I use a calculator in math courses for an Associate's degree in science?

Again, it depends on the specific program and course. Some courses may allow the use of calculators, while others may require students to show their work and complete calculations by hand. It is important to check with the professor or course syllabus for specific guidelines on calculator usage.