Mathcad help: The forms of these values must match error

In summary, the conversation discusses a "The forms of these values must match" error that the user is receiving when assigning a value in Mathcad. The error states that the value has the form of "Unitless" while others have the form of "f(any1, [unitless]) => [unitless]". The user is unable to figure out how to make the value of 'num := 100' match the others and is seeking assistance. They have tried various solutions but have been unsuccessful so far.
markus.sparti
Mathcad help: "The forms of these values must match" error

Homework Statement

I am getting an error, when I assign a value to 'num', stating:

The forms of these values must match
This value has the form: Unitless,
but others have the form: f(any1, [unitless]) => [unitless]

I cannot figure out what the program wants me to do, how do I make the value of 'num := 100' match the others, or vise-versa? I am completely stuck. :uhh:

Homework Equations

new3-1.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

with the error message:
match1.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

I have tried everything I can think of, I have double checked all the numbers and units and can't find anything wrong. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
IDK, it seems like it should work. MathCAD can be frustrating that way. Here's an example file from the help section. Try running that and then slowly morph it into your example. You'll need to change the file extension from .txt to .xmcd.

1. What does the "forms of these values must match" error mean in Mathcad?

This error means that the data types or units of the values being used in a calculation do not match. In Mathcad, all values used in a calculation must have the same data type (e.g. numerical, string, etc.) and the same units (e.g. meters, seconds, etc.).

2. How can I fix the "forms of these values must match" error in Mathcad?

To fix this error, you will need to make sure that all values used in the calculation have the same data type and units. If necessary, you can use conversion functions to change the data type or units of a value to match the others.

3. Can I ignore the "forms of these values must match" error in Mathcad?

No, this error should not be ignored as it can result in incorrect calculations. It is important to make sure all values used in a calculation have the same data type and units to ensure accuracy.

4. Will the "forms of these values must match" error always appear in Mathcad?

No, this error will only appear if there is a mismatch in the data types or units of the values used in a calculation. If all values have the same data type and units, this error will not occur.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "forms of these values must match" error from occurring in Mathcad?

Yes, you can prevent this error by making sure all values used in a calculation have the same data type and units. You can also use unit checking to ensure that units are consistent throughout your Mathcad document.