Mathematica ListPlot: Plotting a Continuous Graph

In summary, to plot a continuous graph using ListPlot in Mathematica, provide the data points as a list and use the "Joined -> True" option. You can also plot multiple data sets on the same graph by using the "Show" function and customize the appearance of your graph using options such as "PlotStyle", "PlotLabel", "AxesLabel", "FrameLabel", "ImageSize", and "AspectRatio". Additionally, you can add error bars using the "ErrorBarFunction" or "ErrorBar" options and save your graph as an image or file using the "Export" function or the "Save Selection As" option in the File menu.
Safinaz
Hi all,

I have a function varying in mass varible as 1000 - 1500-2000, etc, I made a list of the values
of this function for these values of mass but when I plot by
mathimatica by ListPlot it appears some how discerte between the points I defind not a continus graph.

So any help to show this list of points as a continuous graph.

Bests,
S.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Mathematica ListPlot: Plotting a Continuous Graph

1. How do I plot a continuous graph in Mathematica using ListPlot?

To plot a continuous graph using ListPlot, you need to provide the data points as a list and use the option "Joined -> True" in the ListPlot function. This will connect the data points with lines, creating a continuous graph.

2. Can I plot multiple data sets on the same graph with ListPlot?

Yes, you can plot multiple data sets on the same graph using ListPlot. You can provide the data points for each data set as a separate list and use the "Show" function to combine them into one graph. You can also use the "PlotLegends" option to label each data set on the graph.

3. How do I customize the appearance of my ListPlot graph?

ListPlot has several options for customizing the appearance of your graph. You can change the color, style, and thickness of the lines using the "PlotStyle" option. You can also add labels, titles, and axes using the "PlotLabel", "AxesLabel", and "FrameLabel" options. Additionally, you can adjust the size and aspect ratio of the graph using the "ImageSize" and "AspectRatio" options.

4. Can I add error bars to my ListPlot graph?

Yes, you can add error bars to your ListPlot graph using the "ErrorBarFunction" option. You will need to provide a function that calculates the error bars for each data point. Alternatively, you can use the "ErrorBar" option to specify the error bar values for each data point manually.

5. How can I save my ListPlot graph as an image or file?

You can save your ListPlot graph as an image or file by using the "Export" function. This function allows you to specify the file format and file name for your graph. You can also use the "Save Selection As" option in the File menu to save your graph as an image directly from the Mathematica interface.