Mathtype: extra space after inline equation

In summary, the speaker is having trouble with extra spaces being inserted after inline equations when using MathType 7.3 in Word - Office 365. They have tried a solution found online but it did not work. They are also experiencing issues with spacing when setting it to a specific value. They are considering seeking help in Microsoft forums.
kravky
Hello,

i use mathtype 7.3 in word - in office 365 for equations. Everything is okay, but when inserting an inline equation, an extra space is inserted after the equation in Word. It looks ugly. i found http://dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/tsn/tsn143.htm but it didnt help me. It does not work.
How could i have equally spaced lines?

btw, if i set spacing in word to be exactly some value, the text and inline equations are spaced pretty nicely but the right numbered equations are spaced worng. totally worng. and i have like 110 number equation made in mathtype

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you thought maybe it is something with Word? I think Microsoft has some forums for Office. It's worth a shot, if you haven't found an answer elsewhere. Good luck.

What is Mathtype?

Mathtype is a software program that allows users to create mathematical equations and expressions in a variety of formats, including Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and TeX/LaTeX documents.

How do I insert an inline equation in Mathtype?

To insert an inline equation in Mathtype, simply click on the "Insert" tab and then select "Inline Equation." You can then type in your equation or use the program's built-in tools to create it.

Why is there extra space after my inline equation in Mathtype?

This extra space is added by default to ensure that the equation is clearly separated from the surrounding text. However, you can adjust the spacing by clicking on the equation and using the "Spacing" option in the "Format" tab.

Can I change the font size of my inline equation in Mathtype?

Yes, you can change the font size of your inline equation by selecting the equation and then using the "Font Size" option in the "Format" tab. You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly change the font size.

Is there a way to align my inline equations in Mathtype?

Yes, you can align your inline equations by selecting them and then using the "Align" option in the "Format" tab. You can choose to align them with the left, center, or right of the surrounding text.