May I post an computer science forum website address in here?

In summary, the individual is asking if they can post a computer science forum website address on this forum without breaking any rules. The forum moderators explain that while they do not allow advertising, it may be acceptable if there is a specific thread that the individual would like to discuss. However, the final decision would be up to the forum owner. The individual thanks them for the information.
JWHooper
I have a question before posting something: can I post an computer science forum website address in here? I don't want to break any rules in this forum, so I'm just asking.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you posting with the sole attempt of advertising this website? Or is there something that's posted on that forum that you'd like us to discuss?

ranger said:
Are you posting with the sole attempt of advertising this website? Or is there something that's posted on that forum that you'd like us to discuss?
No, I'm not trying to advertise this website. I'm trying to advertise this one computer science forum that I'm currently in.

Well that has the potential to divert traffic away from PF and that would not be a good thing. Perhaps if there was some thread you'd like our insight on, I'd suppose it'd be fine. But PF does not generally allow advertising. See Physics Forums Global Guidelines. But you can always PM Greg for the final word.

Oh, okay. I was just curious. Thanks for letting me know.

Related to May I post an computer science forum website address in here?

1. Can I share a link to a computer science forum website on this platform?

Yes, you are allowed to post a link to a computer science forum website on this platform. However, please make sure the website is relevant to the discussion and follows the community guidelines.

2. Is it appropriate to post a link to my own computer science forum website?

It depends on the context. If the website is relevant to the discussion and provides valuable information, then it is appropriate to share the link. However, please avoid spamming or self-promotion.

3. Can I post a link to a computer science forum website that contains advertisements?

It is not recommended to post links to websites that contain excessive or intrusive advertisements. The focus of this platform is on meaningful discussions and learning, so please consider the relevance and value of the website before sharing.

4. Will posting a link to a computer science forum website violate any copyright laws?

It is your responsibility to ensure that the website you are linking to does not violate any copyright laws. Please make sure you have permission to share the link and that the content on the website is not plagiarized.

5. How should I format the link to a computer science forum website in my post?

You can simply include the full URL of the website in your post, or you can use the hyperlink option to make the link more user-friendly. However, please make sure the link is clickable and properly formatted.