MCNP: How to display particles outside the source?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of time management and how it varies for different individuals. The group discussed the importance of prioritizing tasks and finding a balance between work and personal life. They also touched on the impact of technology on time management and shared some helpful tips for improving time management skills.
Salman Khan
TL;DR Summary
Mcnp
Particle display in visual editor of mcnp input file only shows particles inside source, I am interested to see particle path towards tally region. Plz guide thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

To display particles outside the source in MCNP, you can use the "plot" command in the MCNP visual editor. This will allow you to plot the particle tracks from the source to the tally region. You can also use the "plot" command in the MCNP output file to view the particle tracks in the tally region. Additionally, you can use the "track" option in the MCNP input file to specify specific regions to track particles through. This will allow you to see the paths of particles from the source to the tally region. I hope this helps guide you in visualizing particles outside the source in MCNP.

1. How do I display particles outside the source in MCNP?

To display particles outside the source in MCNP, you can use the "plot" command in the input file. This command allows you to specify the type of plot, the region of interest, and the type of particles to be displayed.

2. Can I display particles outside the source in 3D?

Yes, you can display particles outside the source in 3D using the "plot3" command in the input file. This command allows you to specify the type of plot, the region of interest, and the type of particles to be displayed in 3D.

3. How can I specify the region of interest for particles outside the source?

To specify the region of interest for particles outside the source, you can use the "plot" or "plot3" commands in the input file. These commands allow you to specify the region using MCNP's geometry specifications, such as cell numbers or surfaces.

4. Can I display specific types of particles outside the source?

Yes, you can specify the type of particles to be displayed outside the source using the "plot" or "plot3" commands in the input file. You can specify the particle type using MCNP's particle types, such as neutrons, photons, or electrons.

5. Are there any limitations to displaying particles outside the source in MCNP?

There are some limitations to displaying particles outside the source in MCNP. For example, the "plot" and "plot3" commands cannot display particles that have been killed or absorbed before reaching the region of interest. Additionally, the number of particles displayed may be limited by the available memory on your computer.