Meissner effect and future application to the hoverboard -- Ideas?

In summary, the conversation is about a project involving magnetic levitation of a Lexus hoverboard which is based on Meissner effect and superconductivity. The speaker is struggling with finding constraints, probabilities, choices, and optimization in the project and is seeking help. They mention wanting to gather information from others who have done similar projects, but being told it is not for public. They also mention wanting to compare superconductors and determine the best materials to use for the project. The speaker also mentions their struggle in determining where to incorporate probability in the project. They clarify that the project requires them to discuss various aspects, including probability and how to avoid unexpected events and optimize the project.
Oussama
New member has been reminded to post schoolwork in the Homework Help forums and show more work
I'm working on a project of magnetic levitation of the lexus hoverboard
Which is based on Meissner effect and suprconductivity and I have to look for contraint, probability, choice, and optimization in this project, i really find a little bit tough where to start this, so if anyone have any idea could help

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check how they did it? That should directly lead to some questions about the surface material, the board material, the maximal load, the hovering height, how long it runs before the superconductor gets too warm, and similar things.

Yes i wanted to get some information from them but they said thise ingormation are not for public. However, My plan now is to compare supraconductors materiaks to choise the bedt if them, search how they the magetic floor under the hoverboard, etc , But my problem is that i didn't where to put probability, because as you know Meissner magnetic field is an exact calculation.

Why do you want to "put probability" anywhere?

As i said in my project i have to talk about many things, and one of them is probability and the unexcpectable in your project that's mean for example what could be unexpected during the experience or in real time so we can avoid it and try to get to optimization

I don't understand your post.

Who says that you have to include probabilities of what, where? If you didn't set that as goal yourself, what exactly was the phrasing of the problem statement?

1. What is the Meissner effect?

The Meissner effect is a phenomenon in which a superconductor expels all magnetic fields from its interior when it is cooled below a certain critical temperature. This results in the superconductor having zero resistance to electrical current and exhibiting perfect diamagnetism.

2. How does the Meissner effect relate to hoverboards?

The Meissner effect is being studied for its potential application in hoverboard technology. By using superconducting materials and controlling the temperature, it is possible to create a magnetic field that can levitate the hoverboard above the ground and enable it to move without friction.

3. Can the Meissner effect be scaled up for larger applications?

Yes, the Meissner effect can be scaled up for larger applications. In fact, it has already been used in large scale systems such as magnetic levitation trains and particle accelerators.

4. Are there any challenges to using the Meissner effect in hoverboards?

One of the challenges to using the Meissner effect in hoverboards is maintaining the required low temperatures. Superconductivity typically occurs at very low temperatures, making it difficult to maintain in everyday use. Additionally, the materials used for superconductors can be expensive and difficult to manufacture.

5. What are some potential future applications of the Meissner effect in hoverboards?

Aside from transportation, the Meissner effect could also have potential applications in sports and recreation. For example, it could be used in the creation of high-speed, frictionless roller coasters or in sports equipment such as skates or skateboards.