Minimum Ignition Energy of HD-5 LPG

In summary, the minimum ignition energy for propane is 0.25mJ and for propene is 0.28mJ. If you have a mixture of 95% propane and 5% propene, there is currently no known way to determine the exact value of the minimum ignition energy for this specific mixture. Additional information, such as parameters like oxidation ratio, STP or modified contingencies, and efficiency of ignition propagation, would need to be defined in order to find a suitable solution. If you are still interested, please provide these parameters and I will do my best to assist you.
Ali Durrani
The minimum ignition energy for propane is 0.25mJ and for propene is 0.28mJ
i have a mixture of propane and propene the percent by volume of propane is 95% and of propene is 5%, is there anyway other than experimentation to find the exact value of Minimum ignition energy of this Mixture or if you already know the value please would you tell me what is it?
thanks in advance

I am not sure if this post is still relevant but, I think you are missing potent information. what are the parameters? oxidation ratio? from STP or modified contingencies? Efficiency of ignition propagation? All of these would need to be defined before an adequate resolution could be assumed. If you are still interested reply with parameters and I will do my best to help!

What is the Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE) of HD-5 LPG?

The Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE) of HD-5 LPG is the minimum amount of energy required to ignite the gas and initiate combustion. It is measured in millijoules (mJ) and varies depending on factors such as temperature, pressure, and composition of the gas.

Why is it important to know the MIE of HD-5 LPG?

Knowing the MIE of HD-5 LPG is important for safety purposes. It helps determine the minimum energy required for the gas to ignite, which can help prevent accidental fires or explosions. It is also useful for designing and implementing safety measures in industries that handle HD-5 LPG.

How is the MIE of HD-5 LPG determined?

The MIE of HD-5 LPG is determined through laboratory testing using specialized equipment. The gas is mixed with air in a controlled environment and subjected to a spark or heat source of varying energy levels. The minimum energy at which the gas ignites is recorded as the MIE.

What factors can affect the MIE of HD-5 LPG?

The MIE of HD-5 LPG can be affected by various factors such as temperature, pressure, and composition. Higher temperatures and pressures can lower the MIE, while the presence of certain impurities in the gas can increase it. Other factors, such as the size and shape of the gas container, can also impact the MIE.

Is there a standard MIE for HD-5 LPG?

No, there is no standard MIE for HD-5 LPG. The MIE can vary depending on the specific conditions and composition of the gas. It is important to conduct MIE testing for each batch or source of HD-5 LPG to ensure accurate and safe handling of the gas.