Minimum Requirement for Windows 7

In summary, your Athalon 64 X2 5200+ CPU based system with 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB Hard Disk, and a GeForce 8400 GS Card with 512 MB Ram meets all the minimum requirements for Windows 7, including the last one requiring a DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver. Therefore, you should not have any issues with running Windows 7 on your system. Enjoy!
rahulkhajuria
I have a Athalon 64 X2 5200+ CPU based system with 2 GB DDR2 RAM & 250 GB Hard Disk . I have a GeForce 8400 GS Card with 512 MB Ram installed in it as well . The Driver version of this card is 6.14.11.8160 as shown by Device Manager . I just read that the minimum requirements for Windows 7 are -

* 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
* 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
* 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
* DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

As you can see , my System meets all the requirements for Windows 7 except the last one (which I am not sure of ) . Is my System meeting the last requirement as well ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
rahulkhajuria said:
As you can see , my System meets all the requirements for Windows 7 except the last one (which I am not sure of ) . Is my System meeting the last requirement as well ?

You are more than meeting the requirements. Enjoy!

I perceive you have internet connectivity issues with Win7, is that correct?

Based on the information provided, it appears that your system meets all the minimum requirements for Windows 7 except for the last one, which is the DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver. This means that your system may not be able to fully support all the graphics and visual features of Windows 7, and some applications or games may not run as smoothly. It is recommended to update your graphics card driver to the latest version, which may include WDDM 1.0 or higher, to ensure optimal performance on Windows 7.

Related to Minimum Requirement for Windows 7

1. What is the minimum requirement for Windows 7?

The minimum system requirements for Windows 7 are a 1 GHz or faster processor, 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit systems or 2 GB for 64-bit systems, and at least 16 GB of available hard disk space.

2. Can I upgrade my current computer to Windows 7?

It depends on your current computer's specifications. If your computer meets the minimum requirements for Windows 7, you can upgrade it. However, if your computer is older or has lower specifications, it may not be compatible with Windows 7 and you may need to purchase a new computer.

3. Do I need to install additional software to run Windows 7?

No, Windows 7 comes with built-in software and drivers for most common hardware components. However, you may need to install additional software for specific devices or programs.

4. Can I use Windows 7 on a Mac computer?

Yes, you can install Windows 7 on a Mac computer using Boot Camp or a virtualization software such as Parallels or VMWare.

5. Will my old programs and files be compatible with Windows 7?

In most cases, yes. Windows 7 has a compatibility mode that allows you to run older programs that may not be fully compatible with the operating system. However, it is always recommended to check with the program's developer for any known compatibility issues.